Holiday Time

HeatherTheVet

Top Veteran
Name
Heather
Right team, I'm off to France. I got a new camera bag specially, big enough to tote all the newspapers, books, pens, notepads, receipts, tickets, maps and everything else I pick up along the way.

I'm not promising enormous piles of photos when I get back. I do promise a lot of sleeping, eating and enjoying the freedom of no computer or phone.

Make sure nobody steals my seat whilst I'm gone,
H

Yup, Herman is right, I"m back and just reading these now. Wondering how much I can catch up on here and whether just to let it run and pick up the active threads tomorrow.

I learned a few things - I saw the Med for the first time, very briefly, from the Camargue. I saw olive trees for the first time. I learned that you can't really eat olives straight off the tree, especially if they're not ripe. I learned that not all 19th century mental asylums were horrendous. I learned about Schismatic Popes. I discovered that cyprus trees really are swirly-wirly like Van Gogh painted them. I discovered there is a gay area of Paris and that we were in it. I learned that in the south of France you can generally get the Telegraph, Times, Daily Mail, Sun, Star but not the Guardian or Guardian Weekly or Independent.

I also learned that I need another memory card.

I'll chew through the photos over the next week or two, hopefully some will make the cut. A lot were touristy rubbish.

Welcome home, Heather - you've been missed but it sounds to me as though you had a good time. I look forward to seeing and reading much more. Here's to the swirly Cyprus trees!:friends:

Apart from the touristy rubbish and pondering the wonders of a different lens completely changing the colour of everything, especially the sky, I was amazed to find this. I haven't touched it AT ALL, no PP, no crop, no nothing - this is straight RAW file. It might improve with a crop to take out the stick, but I'm loving it just like this.
6307673644_4aeea1aa6a_z.jpg
[/url] Grasses, St Remy de Provence by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back