Hola! from Bogota, Colombia

Vnz

Rookie
Hello All,

I discovered this site while researching into the Ricoh GXR - a camera that's piqued my interest for awhile now. While browsing through the forums I came across this week's competition subject "Solitude" and decided to enter. I had shot my entry early today morning while taking my dog for a walk on my iPhone 4 :)

My camera is a Canon 50D and my favorite lens on it is the EFs 10-22 - love shooting landscapes and church interiors with it. I love the bokeh I get on my EF 35mm which is my go-to lens for most occasions.

Lately, however I have been shooting regularly on my iPhone 4 as I have it with me most of the time. I like the fact that I am able to post process my pictures on the phone a few minutes after shooting them vs. downloading it on my computer and working on Lightroom/ Photoshop.

My resolution this year has been to shoot at-least 5 well composed pictures per week.

Look forward to improving my technique with regular feedback from you all.

VNZ

Hola Vnz! It sounds like you got a good game plan. Focus on quality, just a few images but well taken ones. Welcome to SeriousCompacts!

Thanks!

Please post this low light question in the Ricoh GXR forum here. I think you will receive good info from the experts.

I think the GXR low light performance is better and worse than my m4/3 Oly E-P3. On the plus side, the GXR files hold up better at higher ISOs, as you would probably expect given the larger sensor. I didn't really ever push my E-P3 beyond 1600 ISO, but I have been happy with the GXR's 3200 output (with noise reduction in Lightroom, and/or B&W conversion). The E-P3 focuses more reliably and quickly in low light than the GXR, though, the Ricoh's snap focus feature is pretty great.

Welcome Vnz, you'll find some very helpful and friendly members on this site and not a trace of the 'full of own importance' attitude that is rife on many other photography forums.

Enjoy.

Vnz, thanks so much for taking up my invitation to introduce yourself. :th_salute: I'd never have guessed that your entry for the current WC was made with an iPhone! Very glad to have you here!

Back