Hi from Amsterdam

Motordrive

Hi, my name is Jeroen and I'm a photo hobbyist for over 4 decades starting in the seventies with my Chinon cs. When digital photography took off I was scanning my slides with a minolta scanner but I soon realized that scanned slides were nothing compaired to jpg's and raw files from a digital camera. I got myself a canon powershot G3 and started shootin' It was great (for that time). Today I shoot with a Pen E-pl5, a LX5 and a XZ-2. Every photo I take in RAW developping in LR5 and I'm happy with the results most of the time. I prefer small camera's because I love street photography.
I wish I could combine two camera's: the XZ-2 and the LX5 into one: The XZ-2 for the flip-up lcd and great fill flash and te LX5 for it's great lens, resume zoom and hyperfocal settings but this perhaps will become reality when the LX8 is born;)

Welcome from Rotterdam (even though I temporarily don't live there)! The XZ2 and LX5 are pretty close, with a bit of luck the features you want will appear on 1 camera soon. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots, regardless of the camera you used to get them :)

Hi Jeroen
You mentioned Chinon and that brought back memories.
Their cameras were quite popular in the UK and well priced ; I must be going back to the 60s and 70s.
Like you , I'm also looking forward to seeing what the LX8 can do but I see that the promised press release date of July 16th has been put back.

Back