Hello from South Dakota!

sdmom

We live on the edge of the black hills, just 20 minutes from Mt. Rushmore and 45 minutes from the badlands. Gorgeous country!

My only camera currently is a Lumix DMC FZ30. I want to upgrade to a smaller (though this one is smaller than the SLR's I've had!) camera eventually, but for now it still takes great photos!

I don't get out to do a lot of photography as much right now what with homeschooling my kids, but I still love it when I get the chance! Very happy to be here! :)

Hi, welcome to Serious Compacts!

Black Hills of Dakota, you know I've now got Doris Day singing loudly in my head!

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing pictures of your side of the world.

You live in one of the most scenic areas of the country. When we visited there a couple years ago, I was shooting with the Panasonic FZ35. You may consider the micro4/3 cams, specificly the Panasonics since you are already familiar with their menus and the way their cameras work. Their gf series of cameras have great IQ in a small package. Welcome to the group and good luck in your search.

And an official welcome from me over here on the east coast of New York, sdmom. Can't wait to see your pictures - whether their inside your home or outside in that beautiful country.:D

Back