Hello from Chicagoland :)

Isoterica

Hall of Famer
Hi, my name is Kristen, I generally go by "Isoterica" on the web. I am a newer hobbyist photographer, been shooting a couple years, collecting old cameras, now getting into the high end compact cameras too. Anyway I stumbled on this forum and really liked some of the articles on it.. and decided to join. :)

Kristen, welcome and thank you so much for jumping right in with your introduction and that heads up on the X10 being in stock via Amazon.:D I'm very glad you have joined us here and look forward to your involvement. Check out the Site Information section, if you haven't already.

Thanks everyone, and wow, I just got my new Ricoh GRD IV and my Fuji X10 fifteen minutes apart and my eyes [and hands] are zinging back and forth between them not sure what to do. I thought I would have a day between! :D

Thanks everyone, and wow, I just got my new Ricoh GRD IV and my Fuji X10 fifteen minutes apart and my eyes [and hands] are zinging back and forth between them not sure what to do. I thought I would have a day between! :D

Welcome to the forum Kristen. Sounds like your dillema is quite a nice dillema to have -- two new cameras!!! :) Being a X10 owner, I'm biased when I say that the X10 is the best P&S ever made to this day. But keep us updated on your thoughts and experiences about both cameras.

I need to make another Chicago visit! Great place (except in the dead of winter)!

Thanks Olli!

LOL Armanius! Believe me I can't afford to keep them both, one is rather heftily priced right now but I can not justify with the vacation coming up not getting one. It is great to be biased because I tell you I took that X10 out of the box and it feels amazing in hand. Since I want to do actual unboxings and review on them I did put it back till I have a moment but wow. I had to peek at the Ricoh too. I will post a link to my thoughts later. Most people cover specs and such so I think from a newer shooters perspective the notes I take on it might be helpful to other newer shooters.

Andrew I so have it bad! I have like 45 cameras from my DSLR that I started with to antiques, toys, instants.. but I have to say these two I have been dreaming about. Now it's time to see if my dreams came true!

45 cameras!?!? Wow. I thought I had a lot. And you only started shooting a couple of years ago? That's so awesome!!! Glad to find another person with GAS! :)

I'm sure your dreams are coming true. But you'll have more dreams to realize soon enough! Like the X20. Or a GRD V. Hehehe.

Ohh my.. well maybe not yet as I have gotten the majority over the last year and not all are film tested. I know they work but it's a matter of time to indulge in each one and its aura. But.. I have my father's Minolta 35 Model II Rangefinder that he bought in Korea while he was in the Army which is very special to me and takes excellent pictures [110 & 135 lenses with vf too], also love my Yashicamat, Yashicamat 124G with the tele and wide lenses [I like medium format], Yashica Electro 35 GSN plus all the goodies.. but I'm just not sure yet. I also like my LCA+ to mention a smaller one. I started with a Canon Rebel XSi (450D) and now I not only am insanely into photography [mostly macro and street as both are intimate] but into gear acquisition.

Back