Fuji Have you received your X-T1 and what do you think?

We received some today and so I've been using it for the past two hours

the EVF is very good although like the E-M1, my nose gets in the way :( annoying but not a deal breaker. The refresh rate is absolutely excellent and I do hope that Fuji update the X-E2's refresh rate in a future firmware. It feels a little bit faster but nothing noticeable over the X-E2, the tilt screen is VERY welcomed, sometimes I'd grab the X-A1 to use simply for the screen.

I don't find the AF to be any faster than the X-E2, it seems to be more accurate although I don't have my usual models to practice on (my cats)

I don't find the 4 way button mushy or squishy, I quite like it but my biggest concern is the ISO dial and shot setting underneath. the ISO dial is a bit stiff and the shot lever is a bit loose so I gotta put some force into moving it but since there isn't much space to grip, my fingers also touch the shot lever when it's in single shot mode and I accidentally move it.

13885478252_b7cbb3179f_c.jpg
DSCF7045 by Will Solis, on Flickr

Resistance is futile...

... as futile as my silly search for that one-for-everything camera. Fuji mailed me yesterday that they've shipped my XP1 and I can't wait for the extended shootout against the NEX-7. I have to admit that I really enjoyed shooting the Sony for the last 2 weeks, it's still an amazing image capturing device in it's own right, especially with my Zeiss lenses but the old fart in me stubbornly refuses to embrace it as a 'real camera'.

Just got back from a 10-day vacation to Charleston SC with the XT. It was pretty fantastic. Still learning how best to tweak settings, but I'm getting a lot more hits than misses now. I feel like the X100 was a little more forgiving in bright light, but on Pro Neg Standard and with Shadows and Highlights both at -1 it seems to not blow out too often.

I'll go post a thread with images.

ooh.. i really like downtown charleston.

i really wish they allow iso auto for custom settings. it's more steps now making me miss some shots because of it.

when i'm not shooting b&w, i shoot Ns as well but with -1 shadows, 0 highlights and -1 Ev.. when it's bright out of course.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

^ interesting. I'll give that a try.

I wish aspect ratio could be part of custom settings as well, and I have no idea why it can't... it's an electronic setting. When I have the 14 on, I often just prefer 16:9, and would gladly have a preset just for that.

Back