Have you ever visited the Gallery section of this site?

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
If you are like me you probably have overlooked the Galleries. This may be because unlike mu-43 (our sister-site) the galleries are not linked directly to the info shown when you post a thread.

There are special purpose galleries set up for challenges. Currently Don's "Image Quest" with 48 images and Mark's "Single in July" with 144 images are of this type.

There are also Members' Galleries where you can upload a (reduced size) image which you then link to another post (handy if you don't have a Flickr or Smugmug account or similar).

Members are able to add comments to gallery images - particularly for the challenges where the images are not posted in the forum proper.

I'd like to invite you to visit the Gallery and leave a comment if an image 'speaks' to you. Link.

The Gallery can also be accessed via the Menu Bar of the forum proper.

Thanks for this Bill! I know that I end up in there when I click on someone's photo and then often see many pictures not out on the threads and wonder why or if I've missed them? I need to remind myself to go gallery hopping more often.:th_salute:

I also hope that members realize that they can opt to receive notification when comments are made on their gallery photographs.:2thumbs:

Often, I find that I get to a thread and there are maybe 3 or 4 new photos - new to me, anyway. Then I have to decide how to respond..do I just click the "thanks" button to at least let the members know I saw their work and appreciated...do I comment on one or two but not others...:daz: For me, it's a great help if I can either click and be taken into a gallery where I can leave a comment or taken to a site such as Flickr where I can be more direct in commenting, as well.

Back