Fuji Has anyone bought one of the $99 X10's from eBay?

Mine arrived as well. Shutter count is a bit over 1400. It's spotless, you'd be hard pressed to tell it from new. It even came with the OEM metal lens cap. There is a tiny bit of dust in the lens but its way off to one side and I can't see how it would have the slightest effect on anything. Serial number starts with 21A so I suppose it may have the orb issue but I am not at all sure I care for $99.

I had forgotten how small the X10 was. I can't wait to get out and play with it. It's gonna be a blast.

Last edited:
Well, my example definitely still has the orb issue. Here's one with EXR Auto:
DSCF4129.jpg

And here's one with two-stops of exposure compensation:
DSCF4132.jpg

Now, admittedly, this is a worst-case scenario for orbs. Most photos I shoot with this camera won't have tiny little Christmas lights. But it's clear the original sensor is in my camera. What do you think? Keep the camera or see if I can get another example? Is anyone else with one of these $99 X10s experiencing the same thing>?

Last edited:
Well, my example definitely still has the orb issue. Here's one with EXR Auto:
View attachment 25447

And here's one with two-stops of exposure compensation:
View attachment 25449

Now, admittedly, this is a worst-case scenarios for orbs. Most photos I shoot with this camera won't have tiny little Christmas lights. But it's clear the original sensor is in my camera. What do you think? Keep the camera or see if I can get another example? Is anyone else with one of these $99 X10s experiencing the same thing>?

How often will you end up in a situation where that will be an issue? Also the price of the cameras form that dealer has jumped up to $199 and the only one I see on eBay right now close to that price is $140 and it has a very early serial number (I asked). I suspect that mine will have the orbs as well but I don't care. For me it's not something I will find myself dealing with very often and for $99 it's a heck of a camera (orbs or not).

Is anyone else with one of these $99 X10s experiencing the same thing>?
I get the same effect just looking at my Christmas tree with my contacts in. And about the same taking a quick shot with my iPhone 6+. Here's with the X10 in auto and I can't say that the orb problem is any better or worse. Of course my serial number puts my camera in the maybe, maybe not new sensor range of numbers (21G)
24032408805_4032be5b59.jpg

Here's somewhat the same shot with my XT1 on auto a few minutes later. p.s. and I think it is more the nature of the LED lighting in the plastic housing than orb. So an example I'm not worrying about or orbs in general.
24006479346_aae073b238.jpg

Climbed one of my other local "mountains" today. For some reason it was the easiest ascent of it I've ever done. Probably because there was no wind, hardly one else on the trail, no dust, and below freezing out. My kind of hiking conditions! Realized when I got to the summit I should start my training again for my next Spain hiking trip in 3 months. X10 was fun to carry on a neck strap but I'll probably still take my XT1 on my trip.
24055081505_a51eee44fd.jpg

Back