Fuji Has anyone bought one of the $99 X10's from eBay?

If you want you can buy it and send it to me and I can send it to you (I have a friend I do that for that lived in Paris...she's says it's cheaper). If you are interested PM the address you want it sent to and I can get an estimate on shipping when mine arrives (for weight).

That is a generous offer, but consider who will be responsible if the package is lost or stolen. It's nice to do someone a favor, but if the camera goes missing, are you going to want to give the "buyer" a refund?

My X10 arrived at lunchtime and so far I am a very happy camper. After market battery arrived with a full charge and my favorite style of battery charger (the one with the built in outlet prongs not a cord) and it came with an OEM lens cap. Overall condition of the body is a 9 to 9+ (B&H scale). It was a little dusty and the lens had dried drops from probably a spray cleaner but it cleaned up well gently using the microfiber end of a dust pen. There appears to be the tiniest of micro-ding in lens glass but I won't worry about it. There are a few tiny tiny mouse bites of wear on the bottom of the case. Wrapped in bubble wrap and in a nice fitting box, the camera and kit weighed in at 1 lb 4 oz.

Anyone else have theirs in hand? I'm back in my office at work so no exciting test photos yet.

I'm looking for instructions for finding X10 actuation count. Anyone know the procedure? And my serial number is a 21G, so from what I've read it is right in the middle of maybe old sensor/maybe new (orb problem). I'll try taking some orb test shots with it tomorrow.

I'm looking for instructions for finding X10 actuation count. Anyone know the procedure? And my serial number is a 21G, so from what I've read it is right in the middle of maybe old sensor/maybe new (orb problem). I'll try taking some orb test shots with it tomorrow.

I'm not sure of the official procedure but do your jpg's have image numbers on them in the EXIF data?

As far as I know t here isn't a way to check shutter actuations other than looking at the count in the EXIF of an image. I also understand that firmware updates reset the count.

According to the seller these have been "professionally" refurbed...and the seller appears to sell a lot of Fuji cameras. Perhaps they an authorized Fuji refurb location. Of course what that means in practice I couldn't say.

I'm not sure of the official procedure but do your jpg's have image numbers on them in the EXIF data?
I just slipped in the card from my XT1 this afternoon and took 6 quick shots. Consecutive file numbers from XT1 to the X10 shots (DSCF9446 to DSCF9447). EXIF data does not indicate any other numbering system.

If you want you can buy it and send it to me and I can send it to you (I have a friend I do that for that lived in Paris...she's says it's cheaper). If you are interested PM the address you want it sent to and I can get an estimate on shipping when mine arrives (for weight).

Thanks for the offer but I think the universe and my wife are in sync and telling me no.

Mine arrived today. Nice condition with a little wear on the raised edge of the lcd frame. The lens looks perfect and the test shot was good. Lens cap included, despite the disclaimer in the eBay ad. It's nice to remember what a quirky but fun camera it is to use. I'll go hunt down some specular reflections to catch some orbs. (This is a gift but I want to be sure it works.) I wonder if the notorious orbs will become a trademark feature of the old models.

Last edited:
Re. shutter actuations. Firstly this is not something Fuji makes available in EXIF. Secondly, in the age of digital, it is far less indicative of the life a camera has led than in the days of film. Don't sweat it.

In my experience, leaf shutters typically used in compact cameras are much more resistant to wear and tear than focal-plane shutters used in bigger cameras.

I have an old Sony DSC-R1 with more than 250000 clicks. Still works perfectly (apart from failing battery, but it is not unexpected given its age).

Mine arrived today. Serial# 14A09468. So this was probably an example with the orb problem. It'll interesting to find out if the refurbishment included the hardware fix. Otherwise, the camera appears to be in great shape with just a tick of the black paint worn on the left side of the bottom.

I don't know what the orb issue is (was) - what did it look like? Any examples?

Check out this DPReview page... and keep in mind that these images are crops. So the issue isn't nearly as dominant in a regular image.

Fujifilm X10

Fuji tried a firmware update but, in the end, the company replaced the sensors or entire cameras. Some X10 purchasers groused at the time but Fuji was very above board about the problem and handled it with honestly and class - at great expense to itself.

Back