Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pictures

Just had a look at your flickr set Andreas. A great set of images. And most of the shots with people that were clearly happy, and that made me smile. Thanks.

glad youre here andreas! i hope we get to see these--posting is a little tricky. it took me a few tries. im looking forward to them.

Hi Tony!
thank you for recommending this forum. I hope I will have fun here ;)
yes, I didn't know that not only I had problems. First the images showed, than I edited the post and they disappeared, in the end I deleted the post and resubmitted it and thought that the images were seen again..but just found out now that in the meantime even the links don't work, my uploads to the forum got deleted as if unused.
well, now I am in an internet cafe and don't have the files ready, will upload them tomorrow again.

Just had a look at your flickr set Andreas. A great set of images. And most of the shots with people that were clearly happy, and that made me smile. Thanks.

thank's a lot for you comment, it means a lot to me! I am most pleased if some of my photos can show how beautiful our life is, resp. my appreciation for people who enjoy their lives
Besides the Heliar 4.5/15 I also really like the results of the Skopar f4/25mm, after hopefully the new uploads of some pics taken with the Heliar will show I plan to also show some taken with the Skopar, there also is a dedicated set, as for any other of quite a number of lenses that I am using, at my flickr stream.
thank's again

andreas ive seen your results with both lenses and theyre very good. i have had both, but was a little disappointed with them on the gxr--you know i am an unashamed pixel peeper! recently i bought a cv 21/4 and i absolutely love it on my gxr--sharp with great clarity throughout the frame at every aperture. i have to post some when i get a chance...

andreas ive seen your results with both lenses and theyre very good. i have had both, but was a little disappointed with them on the gxr--you know i am an unashamed pixel peeper! recently i bought a cv 21/4 and i absolutely love it on my gxr--sharp with great clarity throughout the frame at every aperture. i have to post some when i get a chance...

wow Tony, you had both the lenses, were disappointed and sold them? Surprising, but my pixel peeping is kind of limited, I am on a cheap 15" laptop and hardly ever can see my photos on anything else. The 21mm would be another dream lens for me, actually it's focal lengths would be the best for a lot of my travel / documentary / street type of photography. Yes, please post some! - For now I got the very cheap but not bad at all Sigma 2.8/19mm on my NEX filling in ;)

just now edited my first post and hope the samples taken with the 15mm Heliar show now!
As mentioned I find the Snapshot Skopar doing great too. Here some recent samples, incl. 100% crops of the 2 young 'men' at a village in Nepal:

R1156712.red..jpg

Honda 'Cub', classical bike, Saigon, Vietnam

R1157185.red..jpg

at Hanuman Doka, Kathmandu

R1159326.red..jpg

view down to Kathmandu valley, Nepal

R1158563.ps.red..jpg

R1158563.ps.100..jpg

R1158565.red..jpg

R1158565.100..jpg

here the full set taken with this lens: Voigtländer Snapshot-Skopar f4 25 mm
cheers, andreas

If anybody is looking for a used gxr+28mm combo, popflash has it for $227:
Online Camera Shopping for Professional Digital Camera & Accessories

Not any more, but that would explain why I got no interest when I listed mine at $400. Well, for $225, i'd much rather keep it. Even if I use it very rarely, it has its own charms that I'd rather have. And even though if I've moved mostly away from Ricoh (choosing the Nikon over the GR), the GXR was always my favorite Ricoh and it's nice to have one available for those moments when I just need a Ricoh hit...

Kuuan, those Nepal shots are sublime - simply wonderful. Particularly the first two shots of the people in windows and the public square, but the more intimate portraits are equally wonderful. Really fine work - thanks so much for posting these...

-Ray

thank you very much Christilou, Ray, Tony, 'retow', Will and "Luckypenguin' for looking and commenting.
I really like to show photos and I am very happy if someone likes them. I hope it's ok if I show more

Ray the people in the windows had been watching celebrations on the street during a local festival, I also had taken some individual 'windows' using a Takumar f2.8/105mm lens, an early and tiny preset lens

R1157759.jpg

this was in Bhaktapur, one of the three mayor ancient cities in Kathmandu valley, the other two being Patan and Kathmandu. The center of Bhaktapur is a World Heritage site, a view of the main square, the "Durbar Square", taken with the 15mm Heliar

R1157572-2.ps.jpg

and some more photos from around Bhaktapur, first 3 taken with the 15mm Heliar
R1158202.jpg

R1157678.jpg

R1158197.jpg

two taken with Canon LTM f1.8/50mm

R1157977.jpg

a priest cleaning a chariot to be taken around the streets

R1158056.jpg

local ladies

three taken with the Snapshot Skopar f4/25mm
R1158209.jpg

R1158706.jpg

'Royal Enfield Bullet'

R1157922.jpg

shop display for sandals

and an old camera shop, taken with the 15mm Heliar

R1158390.red..jpg

R1158389.red..jpg

if anyone is interested there are 200 photos in this set of photos I took in Bhaktapur this last month Bhaktapur )

cheers, andreas

Ray the people in the windows had been watching celebrations on the street during a local festival, I also had taken some individual 'windows' using a Takumar f2.8/105mm lens, an early and tiny preset lens

this was in Bhaktapur, one of the three mayor ancient cities in Kathmandu valley, the other two being Patan and Kathmandu. The center of Bhaktapur is a World Heritage site, a view of the main square, the "Durbar Square", taken with the 15mm Heliar

if anyone is interested there are 200 photos in this set of photos I took in Bhaktapur this last month Bhaktapur )
My wife and daughter spent a couple of months in Nepal about five years ago, so the names and places, and even some of the stuff you shot is pretty familiar to me from that. But you're a much better photographer than they are, so its a treat to see the place photographed through a really good eye...

And I'll definitely check out the whole set...

-Ray

Please do keep posting, I'm so enjoying your pictures, there's so much to see in each one :)

haha, very happy to do that ;)

I never made it to Bhaktapur when I was in Kathmandu; maybe next time :). Once again, great series.

you definitely should! nowadays there is a big 'highway' connecting Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, the biggest and best road in all of Nepal made the ride a pleasure. Most tourists only come for a few hours and one may argue that this is enough to see the most important, but I was lucky that I had some business to do there and that during august a lot of festivals were going on, so I was never bored during the some 14 days I stayed there, and one can do very pleasant trips to the surrounding countryside, something I'd recommend much if one stayed in Kathmandu too.

impressive photos with the GXR 28!

My wife and daughter spent a couple of months in Nepal about five years ago, so the names and places, and even some of the stuff you shot is pretty familiar to me from that. But you're a much better photographer than they are, so its a treat to see the place photographed through a really good eye...

And I'll definitely check out the whole set...

-Ray

Ray I wished I had taken more photos featuring the architecture but I still hope that you will enjoy viewing them, maybe your wife and daughter would enjoy seeing them too ;)

( since abt. a week I am sick and spend most time in bed in a hotel where I don't have wifi, so I just have a few photos I prepared for upload on an SD card I brought along so unfortunately I hardly have more pics from Bhaktapur prepared, there also is a pic or two which shows the highway between Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, I may show them later )
for now a few more pics from Kathmandu

R1157170.jpg

Snapshot Skopar f4/25mm, Hanuman Doka, Kathmandu

R1157331.jpg

Canon LTM f11.8/50mm

R1157371.jpg

'Rikshaw parking' Canon LTM f11.8/50mm

R1158972.jpg

'Guru Rimpoche', Canon LTM f11.8/50mm ( see: Padmasambhāva - Wikipedia )

R1159145.ps..jpg

during Teej festival at Pashupatinath temple, Om Zuiko f2.8/100mm ( see:Teej - Wikipedia )

R1159157.ps.jpg

at the 'Garden of Dreams', Snapshot Skoapr f4/25mm ( see: Garden of Dreams - Kathmandu, Nepal - Home )

R1159212.ps.jpg

at the 'Garden of Dreams', Om Zuiko f2.8/100mm

best greetings, andreas

thank you Tony
As you know I have quite a number of lenses, love my Takumars, but since going mirrorless much prefer rangefinder lenses ( resp. Pen-F lenses on my NEX ) for being so much smaller, they make a much better fit!
The 2 CV lenses, specially the 15mm at last have given me good wide angle performance which I had been missing on my APS-C cams, I have many good normal lenses, this Canon the only RF normal lens and it impresses me too! It's sharp from wide open, renders beautiful bokeh and colors. Here a wide open sample taken with the Canon: ( oops, never loading, posting here really is not easy, I will try to add the photo in a separate reply )

Back