Ricoh GRWorld App

For perusing GR shots from around the world. Apparently.
App Store - GR WORLD

I've just downloaded but havent yet used.

From the Apple site, the description
Description

“GR WORLD” is an application that enables you to view photographs taken using the Ricoh GR DIGITAL compact camera and put up for public viewing on Flickr.

What kind of scenes and moments are GR users throughout the world capturing at this very instant?
And wouldn’t it be cool to be able to see those pictures anytime and anywhere? It is the very reason why the “GR WORLD” application was developed.

Discover beautiful, moving photographs, valuable records of past eras, breathtaking artistic shots, and everything in between.
We hope that you will become inspired by these pictures to enjoy and take more photographs yourself!

View the photographs as a slide show or browse through separate genres. You can also register photographs you like in your favorites and look through them all together.

We hope that not just GR users, but also anyone who has an interest in photography will enjoy using this application

I tried it and after a few navigations it locked up and won't restart.

But the price was right...

UPDATE: I tried a few more times then deleted it. Won't work on my iPad.

My preferred way to look at Ricoh GR photos is to go into Flickr and join the groups set up there for general and specific Ricoh cameras. Then is use another app - FlickStackr - to view the photos and accompanying comments, EXIF data, etc. Very easy to use!

Wont install on my downgraded iPhone. Works OK on the ipad with ios5, but downloads the worst possible resolution (would have been fine on the small screen but on 10" utterly hidous. Didnt crash, but when i looked into one part (because the icon wasnt really obvious in function) i found myself in an area which was useless without having saved one or two shots, so everything was "not found" and one could not go "Back" even though there was a tag in the top nav bar. It was broken. I've deleted. It was a nice idea while it lasted.

Ignore me, everyone.

Wont install on my downgraded iPhone. Works OK on the ipad with ios5, but downloads the worst possible resolution (would have been fine on the small screen but on 10" utterly hidous. Didnt crash, but when i looked into one part (because the icon wasnt really obvious in function) i found myself in an area which was useless without having saved one or two shots, so everything was "not found" and one could not go "Back" even though there was a tag in the top nav bar. It was broken. I've deleted. It was a nice idea while it lasted.

Ignore me, everyone.

Same symptoms on my iPad, Sue. I'm just glad we didn't have to pay for it!

Back