1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Greetings From Texas

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Photorx12, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Photorx12

Photorx12 Regular

May 31, 2011
    Hello to all.

I am from Houston, Texas and have recently picked up photography within the past 3 years. I started out with a Nikon D 60 but was not satisfied with it so I sold it. I bought An Olympus E-PL1 to learn the basics beacause my goal is to save until I have enough to buy a Leica rangefinder. Unfortunately my Oly was stolen from me on a recent trip to Vegas. That misfortune turned out to be good fortune after all because after seeing me mope around my wife gave me the Fuji X100 as a gift to cheer me up. I love the camera but still want a micro system to add to my collection before I get my Leica. Hope to get to know you guys and look forward to sharing my pics.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lili

Lili Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Sorry to hear about the theft! The X100 is Gracious Gift.
    A hearty welcome back to you from Dallas here :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pelao

Pelao All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Hi, and welcome.

Sorry to hear about the theft. I had a camera stolen about 15 years ago, and it still pains me.

I don't have an X100, but some of the people here do, and they are divided into two groups: those who are kinda in love with them, and those who are obsessed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome to the forum!! I'm in Houston as well! You definitely have a wonderful wife! Looking forward to seeing your photos and contributions to this site!

• Like Like x 1
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Photorx12. Sometime you might like to visit here and post a pic of yourself and get to look at some of our members too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    G'day mate from Australia.

Great yarn with a great ending....and what a camera to whet your appetite for the m4/3 and Leica M. And you've found the perfect place for people to inspire you to have all three immediately and simultaneously :laugh1:

Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing some of your work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Photorx12, thanks so much for making the time to introduce yourself! :biggrin:

Gee, your wife is a wonderful person - what a thoughtful thing for her to do! I am sorry about your Olympus being stolen, if you keep your eyes peeled I'm betting you could buy another for a very good price. In the mean time, I look forward to hearing and seeing more from you with that X100 of yours. I think I'm one of the obsessed that Pelao refers to.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Janis

Janis Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    Welcome from another Texan (rural Hill Country)! You've come to the right place because this is a very friendly, informative, and well-run site. (Now I have to tell my husband that nice spouses give X100s!)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Wow, it looks like we have almost half a dozen here in Texas!

10. Photorx12

Photorx12 Regular

May 31, 2011
    Thank you for all the greetings! I look forward to being active in this forum as well as building back up my gear collection.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.