Greetings from Malaysia

idoblu

Rookie
Hi

I've never heard of seriouscompacts.com until I was searching for a For Sale thread.

I started with a LX3 and that really jump start my journey into digital photography. Well I had compacts before that but never quite like the LX3. I used it for a couple of years then last December bought a GF1 when prices came down quite a bit. Got both the kit lens 20mm f1.7 and the 14-45mm but didnt really had a feel for them.

Then around March I got myself the Fuji x100 which with it's high ISO usability just blew me away. I didn't realize that a larger sensor could really be that much better than the smaller m4/3s. With that in mind, I sold my GF1 system in the hope to buy the next Sony Nex camera that's rumored to be coming out soon. I hope to be able to use it with some legacy lens. Unfortunately I cannot afford to keep the x100 so that had to go as well. Okay I admit, I'm a bit of a gear head. LOL.

I use my camera mainly for travel photography which I get to do like once or twice a year. I prefer mirrorless for a compact body. Hopefully the Nex will fulfill my needs.

Back