Greeting Camerads!

For me, the merger may turn out to be quite the time saver: I was active in two of the previous forums; I'm a truely eclectic shooter, using several systems, several compacts, analog and digital. So, SeriousCompacts/Photographers'Lounge have been my main playing grounds, but I've also been an early member of ForeverFilm. Since I also shoot :mu43:, I'm a member of mu-43.org as well.

M.

I've been on Mu-43 and Serious Compacts almost from the very beginning. I joined the Fuji site on the very first day and even suggested its name. I was also a moderator there. I later joined TalkEmount after I got a smokin' deal on an open-box Sony A7 Classic at Best Buy.

Gad, that's three systems. Don't ask me to help you cure your GAS. :LOL:

I don't tend to specialize in what I shoot. A lot of candid portraits and landscapes (what's a candid landscape?). I used to shoot motorsports a lot (still do, a bit). And I am becoming more interested in wildlife these days.

99% seriouscompacts/photographers lounge/seriouscompacts. I was also a member of Mu-43 bt I cant recall ever posting, and also FujiX (because.. original X100). I recently joined the Nikon Cafe as well, because I still use my Nikon 1 gear although most posts from most cameras end up here. I'm too old to cope with many forums!! I have no particular preference for subjects, its a matter of what takes my fancy at any given time. Or not.

I'm originally coming from seriouscompact.blogspot.com :).

I've had a real slump in terms of interest in using a camera over the past year or two. In the past, new gear helped jumpstart me out of these kinds of lulls, more than once. I recently picked up the Oly 45/1.2, and it seems like just the lens to get me going again. Here's a recent shot of my main model, now 4 1/2 years old:

P3170011.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Started on the Nikon Cafe over a dozen years ago. Got into m4/3 back in 2012 where I found @Amin Sabet's world. Over the last 6 years I've kind of been a gear hound. Instead of listing them all I'll just link to my DPreview Gear page, I think it's pretty up to date. But it totals about 20 bodies and over 4 dozen lens when add that I've owned several multiple times. :dash2:

But I guess currently I really should leave the group since I recently sold off my serious compact Fuji X70.:cautious: Though my GM5 m4/3 is pretty compact.:p

And I'll change my Avatar, it's not a selfie but kind of looks like it could be and I always liked Snoopy.

DavidZvi: Gear list: Digital Photography Review : Digital Photography Review

I have M43 gear, but have always preferred the village style friendliness of seriouscompacts.com over living in the fast lane that is mu43.com. I also did register once at FujiXSpot since that could be my system in a parallel universe. Some months or years I shoot more than others, and my biggest pleasure in shooting the last years has been participating in the Single In January months at seriouscompacts.com. That challenge really got my creativity flowing, even when photography was less high on my priority list.

Currently I have three m43 systems: a tiny bag with GX800, 20 1.7 and 12-32 (since today; replaces a LX100 that certainly did what it should but which I couldn’t befriend); a small bag with a prime system (Pen-F, 12, 17, 45, 75); and the EM1 with 12-40, 40-150 and 25 pro lenses as big guns. The little bag goes everywhere, and when I know I’ll do some shooting I pick the prime or the big system depending on subject and the need of weather sealing.

Brian- moderator at Leicaplace since Amin founded it, was also a Mod for Amin on ZIForums- going back to 2008. Cannot believe it's been 10 years.

These days- mostly shoot with the older Leica digital rangefinders and a Nikon Df. Today's "Serious Compact" was a Leica M8 with a 1952 Jupiter-3, Zeiss glass in it. I have an Eclectic Collection of lenses, some one-of-a-kind conversions. I keep an Olympus EPM1 with 17/2.8 on it as my "P&S" and a Ricoh CX1 for documenting camera/lens projects.

Last edited:
My father used to own a camera store when I was a little boy. I've enjoyed both taking pictures and collecting cameras for my entire life. I collected Soviet cameras before hardly anyone in the USA even thought about them.

My interest sometimes goes through a lull, but I always come back to photography. I'm a lifetime Nikon and Leica fanatic, but lately have been using a Sony A7 and A7II, as well as a Lumix GX85 M4/3 camera. My collection of cameras and lenses is in the hundreds. My wife calls me a hoarder.

I have occasionally been kicked out of other forums for caustic remarks and calling out idiots. :coco:

Last edited:
Hi, I was a infrequent contributor to the Mu-43 and Leica forums. Also have been a member of Nikon Cafe since way back around the Nikon D200 days. Have always used compacts since the Rollei 35 and Contax T2 film days.
Now days I mostly use the Leica Monochrome and MP, but also play around with a Nikon Df and an old Olympus E-P5. Looking forward to more activity here with the merger...

Last edited:
I started a few years ago with a Sony NEX-5R when Talkemount was still TalkNex, jumped over to mu-43 while I bandied about with a series of MFT cameras, and have settled into Fujiland the past couple of years, currently sporting an X-T1 and X-T20. Like most here, I enjoy a good photo, no matter the gear from which it sprang forth.

Last edited:
Back