Ricoh GR is making me feel like ditching the XE1

I agree... keeping the current form factor is a great idea. I do appreciate the present size and weight. Makes it possible to have it on hand under, pretty much, any circumstances.

I was speaking of other, full-featured versions - as an alternative. :)

The GR has to stay exactly like it is. Otherwise, it is no longer a Ricoh GR. A GXR successor with integrated EVF would certainly be welcome by me, but that would be a different question.

I also agree that the form factor is so important for thr GR to be a GR. The size and retractable lens (no lens cap) were the reasons why I picked one up.

I wonder what the likelihood is that Image Stabilization might be added to the GR... that would be a significant feature addition for those low-light situations like this one.

1/8th sec. f/2.8 ISO 800
R0000200.jpg

This one was shot at 1/40th sec. f/2.8 3200 ISO and, while not so apparent when viewed on an internet forum, displays significantly more noise.

R0000215.jpg

How do you guys feel about the GR's battery? I went out today and took some photos, I had two original fully charged batteries with me and it did not last the whole day. I almost always had the screen off as I had the GV-3 and was using snap focus except when I check exposure sometimes and when I do macro shots, I did use a couple of flashes too.

After around 7-8 hours of walking around shooting and about 300++ photos battery was all used up. This is probably the first camera that I had ever used that required more than 2 batteries in one day. Otherwise it was a freaking awesome awesome camera. Certainly not a deal breaker for me.. I am just curious :D

Back