Fuji Good article: Is the X-Pro 1 for you?

My latest copy of BJP (British Journal of Photography) April 2012 (yeah well it takes a while to arrive here is Oz), words it precisely as I feared.

I agree the fact it is neither fish nor fowl has put me well off. I always hoped it would be the M8 or M9 without the price-tag - naive I know :blush: But to have the unit remain with fly-by-wire focusing I mean c'mon!!! Understood if they said, yeah but most customers would forego MF in preference for our superior AF. Ummmm...then why make an M-mount adapter available? Hmmm...Back to the drawing board for Fuji me thinks and back to the waiting bench for me.:crying:

Just my opinion of course...but such a shame.

I have to disagree, I do not see the shame, every peerson who complains about using the camera does not own one, if you pay attention and use the corrected AF setting the camera is spot on most of the time, actually more accurate than the OM-D. Not as fast but more accurate, but also more than fast enough for most situations and certainly faster than any manual focus. As to manual focus, why does anyone want to manually focus an Af camera, if that is what one wants buy a manual focus camera, there are lots of great vintage ones, but notice the operative word vintage.
What makes the Xpro great is four basic things, IQ that is stunning, the OVF/EVF hybrid, great series of prime lenses and number one is the feel of using the camera, it just makes you want to shoot. I love mine, like my OM-D but I love my XPro.

I too would be interested in the Fuji if it came with the same internals but inside different packaging and with a different interface. I wonder if there is an allowance for a future body to control aperture via the body rather than the lens.

Why do you need the aperture control on the body, works very well located on the lens

Honestly I do not see the need to change aperture on the fly one handed, if you are using the A mode the exp comp dial is a more important control, if you are manually setting the exposure you have to meter first, if you want to shoot one handed I do not know if the non image stabilized XPro is the right choice to begin with, while on can do it this camera likes to be used in both hands

My excuse for the disheveled nature of my appearance is A) They woke me up from my nap B) at one point there were 4 of them down here C) my hair is funky anyway because I'm growing it out from the buzz cut. Also I did just order two new pairs of glasses from Target this AM.....

Looking pretty good considering the kid ambush! :D

What watch are you wearing? I dig the military looking stuff.

Looking pretty good considering the kid ambush! :D

What watch are you wearing? I dig the military looking stuff.

Timex Expedition, no kidding. They last for years and only cost $25. :) Given my vet bills I have to go cheap on the watches. I was at the Emergency Vet again today. Ruby apparently got into a tussle with a coyote this AM. She has a pretty nasty bite on her leg.

The kids have been down to console her. My wallet needs a bit more help............................

Timex Expedition, no kidding. They last for years and only cost $25. :) Given my vet bills I have to go cheap on the watches. I was at the Emergency Vet again today. Ruby apparently got into a tussle with a coyote this AM. She has a pretty nasty bite on her leg.

The kids have been down to console her. My wallet needs a bit more help............................

I like inexpensive military looking watches even better!

Sorry to hear about Ruby. Man, you really live in an area where a dog can get into trouble.

I'm telling you. She just can't stay out of trouble. We were hiking this AM and she ran off the trail. Hugo and Stanley followed her but came back. We waited and waited. I finally decided to head back to the car because that where she goes when she gets lost. Pretty soon she comes limping down the trail with this huge gash on her leg. I don't know what to do. She was almost a wild dog when I got her. She had been living on a State Park for awhile and no one could catch her. The odd thing is she is such a baby at home. I went through the same thing with my lab Stanley. He still has two Emergency Vet visits on her. Stanley is almost 11 so............ I think she will grow out of it because Stanley did but best I can figure she's only about 18 months old so I have a ways to go. I'm not sure I'm up for it or not. I don't want to penalize the other dogs because they enjoy the walks on the hiking trails. I'm just at a loss as to how to proceed. I really LOVE this dog but she is giving me an ulcer.

Back