Fuji Going to try the XT20

Name
Tim Williams
With the latest firmware update on the XT20 I ordered one today. It looks to be the updates I would need. I've been doing a lot of thinking this weekend on which direction to go and this is the start. More MP for the landscapes= easier to crop and hopefully more DR. We'll see as I'm thinking about completing the trilogy also. That would be a pretty nifty and light kit with the XT20. Just have to keep the 16 in there some how.

XT20 just arrived and all I can say is " man this thing is tiny ". Glad I ordered a grip for it. The focus is faster than the XT1, that's very noticeable from the get go. The 35 f2 seems to fit perfectly and balance well. It's a perfect Trilogy machine. Noticed it takes the same batteries as the XT1 so that's nice. It's going to take some time to get the true feel of this little guy. Haven't checked the firmware yet, but doubtful it has 2.0 in it. The Roki 12 will be here tomorrow so I'll see how they get along.
The 50-230 actually feels a little quicker once you get it in the ball park. This lens likes some help to get close.

Last edited:
You want tiny, pick up an X-E3! Super quick AF as well. Actually feels OK with the 50-230 hangin' off the front.

The X-T20 is actually a bit narrower than the X-E3. And a bit taller. They're both tiny.

I agree about the 50-230 being faster with the newer sensors/AF. Especially with the latest firmware update.

Having hands the size of malt shovels (I am not freakish, I am 6'3" in thin socks) I find smaller cameras benefit from a grip (X-Pro2) or a half-case (X-100F) and a thumbrest. There are many to choose from, but I favour the ones made by the nice people at Lensmate. I had one of theirs on my X-T1, and their products are on my two aforementioned Fujis as I type. They do one for the X-T20, I see: Fujifilm X-T20 (also fits X-T10) Thumbrest Silver by Lensmate

I have no affiliation, but am a very satisfied customer. Highly recommended.

Back