Going to a funeral.

James, let me add my condolences. As everyone has said, the most important thing is to be there. Being subtle and classic is always a good rule of thumb especially when one is trying to be respectful and blend in. Your image can be read so clearly as loss, though it may not have had that meaning for you when you photographed. Take care.

Thank you for your support BB. She battled cancer for 17 years. I'd only known her for 12. During the service they showed photos of earlier times. She looked young, healthy and pretty. I had seen some of those photos before but it hit me that there was never a time when I knew her that she wasn't fighting to survive through chemo and other treatment regimes.

The funeral was today, it turned out to be a lot more difficult to get through than I expected. I'm completely down in the dumps right now. It is the end of one significant chapter in my life.

My condolences. As someone who recently lost a loved one to cancer not too long ago, I sympathise. Also bear in mind that as one chapter ends, another always begins.

Back