Going fully serious mate....

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
...seems this site has had a far greater impact on me than I thought. It all started innocently enough with a GRDII a few years ago, and then my misadventure with the LX5 - we just didn't quite click. So my past has seen compacts come and go. But now I'm rearranging my whole set-up and it's all going compact. I have an S95 on the way in preparation for a fortnight's work trip in the US in less than two weeks. Also the big clunker is on the way out. I'm keeping my Pentax glass but replacing the old trusty K20D with a younger K-r.

So apologies in advance, I'll be posting more shots on here as I no longer split my attentions between the dSLR and the DP2. With all three on the burn I don't envy you guys at all.

Seriously, this place is the best!

Congrats on lightening your size/weight burden, Mark!:drinks: Looking forward to those photographs...wow, a business trip to the U.S.? Hmm, I wonder...New York, Boston, D.C.?

Thanks guys.

Why didn't you like your LX5? I love my LX5.
Well I can certainly see why you love your LX5, you are getting some extraordinary photos from it. It offers a lot in such an unassuming frame, but unlike yourself, me and the little Panny just didn't click. Not sure quite why, but I think that it just wasn't small enough to slide into my back-pocket so still demanded as much pouch or neck room as something slightly larger. I looked at that something slightly larger and found the Sigma DP-series. Now compared to the DP2, the size was relatively the same, but the outputs of the little Sigma were quite something else. Also after many years of shooting primes - the zoom thing just didn't quite gel. "So why are you getting the S95 then, will it not suffer the same fate?" Well maybe, but it's smaller form has the express purpose of always being with me. So I'm counting on it's the greater utility making all the difference. Or so I hope... :blush:

...wow, a business trip to the U.S.? Hmm, I wonder...New York, Boston, D.C.
It's a whirlwind tour I'm afraid BB - talking bean counting and red tape with like-minded public servants in the Mid-West, the South (not so deep) and on the East Coast. Closest I come to NYC is DC. One side of me really wants to see New York. I must see a city of that size before I die. But then the other side of me knows if I can get there I'll 'accidentally' wander into B+H and then I'll not be responsible for what I walk out with.....or that I'll ever leave.

Closest I come to NYC is DC. One side of me really wants to see New York. I must see a city of that size before I die. But then the other side of me knows if I can get there I'll 'accidentally' wander into B+H and then I'll not be responsible for what I walk out with.....or that I'll ever leave.
Isn't there a movie about a guy that decides to live in the B&H store?

Well, I'll miss seeing you Mark, but I do understand your time is limited...and you don't want to spend your savings, either.;)

Back