Animals Giving up the ghost

Will

All-Pro
Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this sort of thing so I've started one.

I thought this mouse had put in a good effort to look melodramatic in its last moments. I imagine it staggering about clutching its chest and quoting something appropriately Shakespearian! Poor little mite. :'(

Ricoh GXR as always these days. Voigtlander 35mm 1.4

13328601573_4bf04e805f_c.jpg

R0015004ac by meaning_of_light, on Flickr

Since you like Shakespeare how about the "Alas poor Yorick" thread? However I think the name works. Of coarse some people may find this this subject rather macabre.

I wouldn't normally take and post images of dead animals but this one seemed to have gone out with style. He is no more but his memory now lives on!

I remember seeing a thread on a different photo forum a year or two ago that was crap - literarily! Mostly bird poop but there were others. Personally dead animals are better that excrement.

I've occasionally shot the dead find. I respect all life and only shoot when I think I can show the deceased in some light that may give us pause to re-evaluate our place in the universe. We will all be dirt soon enough, and sometimes I think a photo of one who has "moved on" from one plane to the next can help us to either live better or at least see our only place in a different light.

Certainly intent and skill play some part in whether the image works or not.

R.I.P Mr Mouse

Back