Fuji German letter

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
Dear friends I am in need of some help with translating the gist of this letter from the Police at Cologne Airport. Whilst on my way home on the 23rd July 2017, I managed to lose my passport, I reported this loss to the police at Koln/Dusseldorf airport, the passport was returned to me within an hour! my parting word with the police seargeant(very nice man) was "Wunderbar"

Today I received this letter from I presume the police but I cannot read it as it is in German, would some kind German speaker kindly give me the gist of the letter. Many thanks in advance!

EPSON003.jpg

(Sorry, just read your description fully above)

They're telling you they closed the "investigation" because they couldn't find a suspect who might've stolen it. I believe this letter is a formality, part of closing the record on their books. I'd have Rico read it if possible, as I'm twenty years out of practice, but that seems to be it. It looks like they opened an inquiry at your behest, and this is them formally notifying you that they're closing it.

Kyle you are an absolute star, I thought it might be something of that ilk! I had dropped my passport in one of the airport shops it must have been handed in quite quickly and within an hour I got the passport back via the airport information desk and the jolly police seargeant who looked like a Mexican bandit. And I still managed to be in time to get the flight home. The moral of the story is hang on to your reisepass.
Thanks again Kyle. :bravo-009:

Back