Sony Gariz Half Case for grip and Richard Franiec Grip

kmwnaz

I been thinking about purchasing this half case and was wondering if any one has any experience with this product?

The case design was made for the Sony grip but I was hoping someone has used the "Richard Franiec Grip with it instead and it worked?
gariz_698.jpg

Do you already have the Franiec grip? If not, then why not just get the Sony, especially since it'll be covered up by the case?

I don't use a Gariz half-case (or any other) with my RX100, but I have the Sony grip on it and it's nice. I've never used the Franiec grip so I have no basis comparison, but the Sony grip is definitely more than good enough, at least.

And I have a Gariz half-case on another camera that needed some additional grip-point, and love the case. Better ergonomics, better aesthetics, and a bit of extra protection.

Do you already have the Franiec grip? If not, then why not just get the Sony, especially since it'll be covered up by the case?

I don't use a Gariz half-case (or any other) with my RX100, but I have the Sony grip on it and it's nice. I've never used the Franiec grip so I have no basis comparison, but the Sony grip is definitely more than good enough, at least.

And I have a Gariz half-case on another camera that needed some additional grip-point, and love the case. Better ergonomics, better aesthetics, and a bit of extra protection.

Thanks for reply. Actually I've had a grip on my previous compact from Franiec and liked it. I emailed him and he couldn't answer this question but did say "I don't have direct comparison but my grip is definitely taller to provide more effective hold." Plus many web sites recommend his vs. Sony's. So hopefully someone might have already tried this combo.

I have both and like the rubbery grip of Sony better. I have 4 Franiec grips before and RX100 grip is the only one didn't stick on the camera long term due to Aki-Asahi leather skin cover that I have. Sony grip has sticky tape that covers the whole area and it is cheaper also... They should have it w. the camera. So I replaced it w/ Sony grip a couple days ago.

Back