Sony Fun with the NEX 18-55mm kit zoom

John, are you thinking about buying your "nex" camera?;)

Heck dunno Wylie .... nothing in PhotoKina for me ... perhaps the Pany 100-300 or the Fuji EX100

The NEX is really beautiful it stands out compared to Oly and Pany from a stand point of Aesthetic design in particular the lenses.

Oly m43 lenses look a little Retro and only Ok while Panasonic lenses have a "bland" look with awful screen printed legends in an awful font the grips and body show little imagination .... like work from a 1st year Industrial design student.

There I've said it and that said the optics of Panasonic are excellent with the OIS but never win a design award.

Problem with the NEX is it may sow seeds of dissatisfaction with mu m43 gear (And I have a lot of it) if I start to Pixel peep NEX / versus M43.

Busking

Spanish busker, LR3.

DSC00174.jpg

Christine - love that blast of light on the holly's leaf, as well as the fantastic color. If you need a Christmas card shot, I think you've got one!

I also now see that photograph of the musician that I liked so much on your Flickrstream was hiding in here, where I obviously missed it. You chose your moment well with this portrait - and the colors and lines are a great background, but his face shows he's in the moment, too. Well done!

Hi All,

Just joined today. Got my NEX about 5 weeks ago and have been taking lots of photos. Great compact. I get teased by hardcore DSLR users all the time. But hey, it's compact and takes great shots. Am currently looking at buying either a Nikkor lense or Carl Zeiss lens to go with it.

Here are some photos using the standard 18-55mm lens.

Cheers,
Dan

5178234380_ffbc9ee542.jpg

5178234290_84306a1521.jpg

5171074579_355b4d0d67.jpg

Hello, nice pics! Glad to have another NEX user here on the forum :) The NEX takes great photos and being able to use different makes of lens doubles the fun! Look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Thanks for the comments and tips everyone. I just read about the Fuji x100. They managed to squeeze in a viewfinder. Styling is old school.

Cheers,
Dan

Back