Full Version FREE Adobe Products: CS2 vintage

Adobe has decided to be generous with its older products and give them away for free. If you have an older computer, its probably worth the grab. They might be old, but they are still good.

Adobe - CS2 Downloads

CS2 System Requirements

Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8. PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor
Microsoft® Windows® 2000/Windows XP. Intel® Pentium® III or 4 processor

Products being given away:

Creative Suite 2
Acrobat 3D 1.0
Acrobat Standard 7.0
Acrobat Pro 8.0
Audition 3.0
GoLive CS2
Illustrator CS2
InCopy CS2
InDesign CS2
Photoshop CS2
Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

I use a Mac, and its not a G series, so not for me. I posted only in case others who for whatever reason have been unable to buy any of the products, or who have not upgraded in ages. Your pointer will likely help a lot of Windows users so thank you :)

I also posted in the other thread, because I looked in this forum for a post about it, didnt expect to see it anywhere else.

FYI Adobe has come out and said that these downloads are only for owners of the CS2 generation applications. This is because they retired the CS2 activation servers back in December. They agreed in their licenses to provide activation free versions once they retire their activation servers.

Adobe bloggers have said it is highly unlikely they will go after downloaders of the software.

However this is not free and legal. It is potentially free without legal consequence. However you only have the word of some bloggers from within Adobe. Not Adobe's legal department.

Please bare this in mind.

No, actually I am calling it legit (in a way). Try getting even a demo without signing in... you cant. This page is open to the public and the serials are there for anyone to get.

I've just done some hunting around and whilst they say they did it for their customers (logical) it still seems to me its a giveaway without Adobe really saying it is.

Yeah I can't help but think they are not super concerned who would get access when you post up the download links and serial numbers onto your public site, and again dont require a log-in authorization or anything..maybe its for legal or accounting purposes to release it with a wink wink it's not actually free for you guys (aka don't bother us for support or whatever).

Back