Fujifilm X-Pro1 w/ 27mm & 35mm Lenses for $950 at B&H

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 20, 2015.

1. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Those lenses are, what, $750 new? Man.

2. Biro

Biro Super Moderator

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Good thing my X-T10 arrived last week and that I already own both lenses. That's a great deal.

3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Ditto. I already have them, thank god, or this would be my backup 2nd body.

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Hall of Famer

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I'm looking for funds to jump on this. Boy oh boy!

5. Lawrence A.

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Do you need diopter correction, or is shooting with your glasses OK. I almost never take my glasses off to shoot, so is the basic optical VF accurate?? I've heard different tales.

6. Lawrence A.

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I think I have this coming. I mentioned to a old friend - who has done better than I in his career - that I was going to order it now that B&H have them in stock again. He emailed telling me not to order anything until I got a Monday UPS delivery from B&H, an early birthday gift, he said.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    congrats on your new rig, Larry.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. Lawrence A.

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Thanks Luke. I had my eye on this WAY back in 2012, when I decided on the E-M5, which I do love. But I mostly love working with an optical viewfinder, and the rangefinder style VF that gives viewing lines cropped from the whole VF area is for me just about a perfect way to frame an image. I don't need the fastest focus in town - after all, I use an X1 joyfully - and I've got the E-M5 when I need it a bit speedier. Fuji has been insinuating itself into my affections for some time. The X-20 is a joy, as was the X-10, largely because of the VF in them. I had the X100 for a time, sold it when I was broke but loved it. The old GS645S film camera has an astonishingly good lens, and except for a 135mm lens I used on my 4x5 years ago, and which I thought was too constrasty, I've admired the Fujinon's I've met along the way. I've read that the 35mm f1.4 xf lens is a world class optic and the images I've seen confirm that.

So, I may be a grouchy old guy coming up on 64, but I'm jumping out of my skin in anticipation like a pre-schooler. And three years behind is just about right for how I've lived most of my life. Pictures, of course, to follow.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  9. Lawrence A.

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015