Fuji Showcase Fuji XF 23mm f/2 WR

DSCF9364a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF9365a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well done, for anyone that likes trains, that puts you in a good mood. How long did you wait?

Thanks. I didn’t have to wait long. I combined the shot with walking Buster. I had a text when it departed Carlisle station (6 minutes away) Buster had a paddle while waiting. It was a minute late at my location. The sun had been behind a large black cloud for about 15 minutes. I’m glad it cleared.

Agree. We rented a 250cc 2-up scooter when we were there, used it to go see some things for the day or two we had in that town. The scooter was awesome, except that as a daily motorcyclist (read: not "scooterist"), I have very deep, strong mental habits about what each lever does. Thus, every time we approached a stop and I grabbed a huge handfull of the lever on the left (to engage the clutch and coast to a stop, as my brain insisted we do), and it turned out to be yet another brake (over and over again), we would lurch hard and slow way down... my wife would cue-ball her helmet off the back of mine, then smack me hard in the side and yell. Between that and driving on the wrong side of the road, I did well not to kill us.

Agree. We rented a 250cc 2-up scooter when we were there, used it to go see some things for the day or two we had in that town. The scooter was awesome, except that as a daily motorcyclist (read: not "scooterist"), I have very deep, strong mental habits about what each lever does. Thus, every time we approached a stop and I grabbed a huge handfull of the lever on the left (to engage the clutch and coast to a stop, as my brain insisted we do), and it turned out to be yet another brake (over and over again), we would lurch hard and slow way down... my wife would cue-ball her helmet off the back of mine, then smack me hard in the side and yell. Between that and driving on the wrong side of the road, I did well not to kill us.

I expect you would have needed all 250cc's on some of the hills around there.

Well done for surviving, we have a sad record with tourist road deaths.

I can imagine! They just sorta handed me the keys to the scooter, and two very crappy old helmets, and wished me well. No proof I had any idea how to drive one, I don't think they even looked at my license? I can see how people with no experience might not do so well.

Related note: I really wish I'd been a better photographer when I visited. I brought a point and shoot (Nikon Coolpix 4300, circa 2003?) and my trusty Minolta X-370. I relied heavily on the film camera, and just grabbed snapshots here and there with the digital thing - it had a compact flash card that held maybe 150 low-res shots til it was full, and memory cost more then for that tiny amount than it does now for endless gb. Anyway, Delta lost my hiking pack on the return flight with ALL my rolls of film and the minolta in it. So I never got to see how I did... and now I can't afford to go back. :)

Back