Fuji X100s for $900 at B&H

I ordered the Adorama package. To answer my own question, the problem with the GX7 is that on my recent trip I always grabbed the EM5 if I had any doubt at all. (I've actually already sold the GX7+ 20. It's been a busy afternoon.) I've always wanted the X100 and I actually have made good use of this FL, e.g., EOS M with 22 and the GX7 with the 20, but now I have a VF and a different sensor, so it's more of a compliment to the EM5.

Of course, you folks were VERY encouraging, in the spirit of "chug. chug. chug, chug . . .":drinks:

I ordered the Adorama package. To answer my own question, the problem with the GX7 is that on my recent trip I always grabbed the EM5 if I had any doubt at all. (I've actually already sold the GX7+ 20. It's been a busy afternoon.) I've always wanted the X100 and I actually have made good use of this FL, e.g., EOS M with 22 and the GX7 with the 20, but now I have a VF and a different sensor, so it's more of a compliment to the EM5.

Of course, you folks were VERY encouraging, in the spirit of "chug. chug. chug, chug . . .":drinks:

No Zen For You!!!! :D

Congratulations, Steve. Seriously, this is just about the most cost-effective way to get into a new X100 that I've seen to date. It took forever for the original X100 to drop to that price. And you get an updated/improved version with the bonus Fuji flash. (let us know in the weeks ahead if the rest of us should bother buying that flash unit). If I didn't already have the X100T, I would have jumped on this deal as well.

Zen, schmen. You've got it now that you have an X100S! Good luck and Happy Holidays!

P.S. Interesting that you reached for the E-M5 among your micro four-thirds cameras whenever there was any doubt. I was an early MFT adopter and have owned a number of cameras including the GX7. Notice that I have only one camera in that system now: the E-M5.

I would say this was in larger part due to the fact that Fuji waited over 2yrs to announced the "S" whereas it was just about a year in between "S" and "T" announcements...

and no disrespect meant to the S or the T, but the X100 was singular and original while the others are merely refinements (and frankly I prefer the original, although value may factor in slightly)

and no disrespect meant to the S or the T, but the X100 was singular and original while the others are merely refinements (and frankly I prefer the original, although value may factor in slightly)

"The pioneers have great courage but lousy firmware." - Meriwether Lewis

The X100s came in yesterday. I hope to get out and shoot today, but I did spend some time going through the manual, making settings, and taking indoor shots with the flash. This is the first external flash I've had in many years and it seems to work a treat, especially since it balances so well on the body.

What a lovely, well made camera. For all the settings brouhaha, it's actually a return to the simple film SLRs like the Pentax MX. The OVF/EVF seems brilliant, but I need to get out there and shoot in daylight. Still, it seems to AF focus just fine in my dimly lit man-cave and I really like the split image MF. Hopes are high.

The X100s came in yesterday. I hope to get out and shoot today, but I did spend some time going through the manual, making settings, and taking indoor shots with the flash. This is the first external flash I've had in many years and it seems to work a treat, especially since it balances so well on the body.

What a lovely, well made camera. For all the settings brouhaha, it's actually a return to the simple film SLRs like the Pentax MX. The OVF/EVF seems brilliant, but I need to get out there and shoot in daylight. Still, it seems to AF focus just fine in my dimly lit man-cave and I really like the split image MF. Hopes are high.

Outstanding!
Soon, you'll no doubt be like me with an TCL-X100 and WCL-X100 ;)

Look, you lot

I have a bone to pick with you.

I didn't want one. I've had an X100 already and didn't really get on with it.

That was over a year ago. Before I had my X-Pro, which I do get on with.

And now there is the TCL...

Then I saw one on eBay. An X100s

A black one. Only four months old. Being sold to fund an X100T.

I bid. Only a low-ball. But the auction was ending at an odd time, you see, late in the evening. On a weekday.

I won the damn thing.

It arrives tomorrow.

i blame you. I blame you all... :tongue:

Never bid unless you really want it, which you did or you wound not have bid.
Congrats! I think you will like it

Look, you lot

I have a bone to pick with you.

I didn't want one. I've had an X100 already and didn't really get on with it.

That was over a year ago. Before I had my X-Pro, which I do get on with.

And now there is the TCL...

Then I saw one on eBay. An X100s

A black one. Only four months old. Being sold to fund an X100T.

I bid. Only a low-ball. But the auction was ending at an odd time, you see, late in the evening. On a weekday.

I won the damn thing.

It arrives tomorrow.

i blame you. I blame you all... :tongue:

Back