Fuji Fuji X100...

Thanks for all your precious comment. I took the plunge and bought a nice 2nd hand unit :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Paired it with my Paracord wrist strap :)

Attachments

• 1395671573097.jpg
    1395671573097.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 358
How are you getting on with your X100 aepock?

I've been playing with mine a lot over the past days, and it's taken me a bit to warm up to it.
Of course coming from using a DP3M I immediately made the unfair comparison and declared my X100 "mushy as all heck" :tongue: Foveon sensors really are in a different league when it comes to sharpness and details.
But it's growing on me and I'm starting to get used to the handling. Although it's made to look and feel retro with all the buttons and dials I must admit I find my DPxM cameras much faster to use because they're so simple, the X100 has a lot of small buttons you need to get used to. It still feels very fiddly to use though, the aperture dial is small and you need to use the little plastic thing on the back if you want anything but full stops. I keep hitting the "ok" button to confirm AF point selection and that of course resets it instead of confirming etc etc, the joys of a new camera :doh:

I think I managed to tune the jpeg engine to my liking (auto ISO, Astia, DR100, NR low, highlights med-high, shadows med-low, -1/3 ev exposure default and everything else standard), so now I just need to start shooting stuff.

It's really fun to use though, and I think it'll be a good companion to my DP3M as my travel kit.

I put my X100 in as part-exchange when I decided to go for an X100S. I'm happy with the X100S, but I'll pick up another X100 at some point, because I like the images they produce. The controls on the X100 are a bit fiddly, but I think the camera is worth persevering with. A classic.

Hi Chris2500dk, I posted a long reply to u but unfortunately it didn't appear in the forum..arrggg...anyway, I still getting use to x100.long story short,the unit that I bought got so problem the the shop honor the warranty and willing to replace another used unit which is newer by look,few and serial no as well.They also give me an option to upgrade to x100s(used unit as well) for additional 200usd.i was torn in between n they gave a day to decide. I did feel that x100s AF is faster n nail it every time even compare to x100 v2.01 fw. At the end, I choose x100 coz the unit is really in meticulous condition and I believe I can live with "that" bit of slow lag,just need to find a way :) pls find more of my pic in my instagram rpock7.Cheers .....

Morning sun with x100..processed on instagram

Attachments

• 1396491750776.jpg
    1396491750776.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 354
It was raining heavily yesterday, on the back by train, commuter without umbrella was stranded at the station, I saw a guy with his Nikon,minding his own business and shooting with his DSLR, suddenly I feel the urge to snap his pic thus I walked in front of him, pointed x100 at his face and he give me a nod and big smile.I gave him a thumb up and left.This is something I never try or dare to try before.X100 evf is a bit slow but then I realize it doesn't matter.What matter is going out there to shoot n try something new.Have a nice weekend all... Cheers.

I don't have my X100 yet and have never had one but from what I have read it looks to be a great camera.

I just bought a new X100 from 42st Photo on March 31st for $799 shipped to me. They had eleven of the X100 left last week.

Hope this might help someome

Back