Fuji Fuji X10 Sample Images

According to page 21 of the manual, this should not be the case. What Firmware are you using?

You're right. It still shows green, but it's a blinking green when it can't lock focus, and steady when it does. My apologies.

Keeping that in mind, I'll try using it a bit more today. If the diopter had another half turn of adjustment, it would work better for me, but I'm sure I'll find it occasionally useful. And, yeah, it's a good deal better than the one in the G12.

-Ray

Hopefully Amazon will deliver my X10 by the end of next week meanwhile I'm really encouraged by these pictures.
Keep them coming:)

I know I'm getting the camera at a knockdown price but even my Local Jessops has 3 X10s in their backroom so how come Amazon are so slow?
FWIW , I also use Snapseed on an Ipad ; definately worth having .

Ray, I'm just curious. You seem to do a lot (most?) of your street shooting with the GRDIII, so you're very accustomed to that 28mm focal length. Now that you have a zoom available on the X10, you have choices. Do you find yourself utilizing a greater variety of focal lengths because they're there, or do you naturally gravitate to what you're accustomed to with the GRDIII? Just wondered whether the new camera is changing your way of shooting street.

Jim

Amazon USA's release date for the X10 is 11/07/2011. When I preordered it yesterday (and then canceled it due to buyer's remorse), Amazon showed that I'd be receiving the X10 on 11/09/2011. So it appears that that Amazon USA has the cameras in stock, but just waiting on the "release" date.

Hopefully Amazon will deliver my X10 by the end of next week meanwhile I'm really encouraged by these pictures.
Keep them coming:)

I know I'm getting the camera at a knockdown price but even my Local Jessops has 3 X10s in their backroom so how come Amazon are so slow?
FWIW , I also use Snapseed on an Ipad ; definately worth having .

More riding today:

View attachment 43983

View attachment 43984

View attachment 43985

View attachment 43986
Here, the X10 should have chosen a higher DR value than DR100, I find it's sometimes a bit too conservative, highlights can easily blow even in DR Auto mode with -1/3 EV exposure compensation.

View attachment 43987

View attachment 43988

View attachment 43989
This was taken with a little flash, the X10 renders it almost invisible.

View attachment 43990

Here's our backyard with the pony:

View attachment 43991

Ray, I'm just curious. You seem to do a lot (most?) of your street shooting with the GRDIII, so you're very accustomed to that 28mm focal length. Now that you have a zoom available on the X10, you have choices. Do you find yourself utilizing a greater variety of focal lengths because they're there, or do you naturally gravitate to what you're accustomed to with the GRDIII? Just wondered whether the new camera is changing your way of shooting street.

Jim
I've actually done a lot of street shooting with everything from 24 to 40mm equivalents, and a bit with an 18 equivalent. I've done some with the GRD3, but tons with various m43 cameras at various focal lengths, some with a Nex at 24mm, some with the X100 at 35mm, and now a couple of days with the X10. I'd have to say 28 is kind of the 'sweet spot' that I gravitate to a lot, but that's not because of the GRD3 as much as the GRD3 was attractive to me because of that. I just got in from shooting a bunch in time square tonight with the Oly 12mm on my EPL3 and hopefully will have some decent shots from that batch too. and the X100 will get some use in the next couple of nights too.

Having the zoom on the X10 isn't a big deal. I'd say 70% of the time its a 28mm prime, maybe 15-20% its a 35mm prime, and the extra reach just for the occasional shot beyond that. Its nice to have the reach in a travel camera and from time to time, but I'll never use it much.

-Ray

Flysurfer, fantastic photos! But I suspect they're so good because of you, not because the camera is good. Still, the image quality looks very decent, although bokeh on the last picture is quite a bit ugly.

I'm having some trouble on occasion posting from the iPad. I'd posted a comment on Flysurfer's fine shots, only to see it never made it? I had that happen elsewhere a couple of times as well. Oh well - great shots, particularly the B&W of the horse in the mud!

Here are a few more from yesterday. Fun camera. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not, but it's recommendable.

View attachment 44019

Two from Zucatti Park - I'm surprised at how small an area this original OWS area is, but DAMN are they packed in there tight!

View attachment 44020

View attachment 44021

The root of the protests:

View attachment 44022

What is it with New Yorkers walking and eating pizza??? You never see that in Philly - we must be more refined, only eating hoagies and steaks when we walk...

View attachment 44023

-Ray

What is it with New Yorkers walking and eating pizza??? You never see that in Philly - we must be more refined, only eating hoagies and steaks when we walk...
:rofl:

Ray, you and yours are clearly having a good time, seeing the sights and sounds - great bull shot!;)

I have to scroll back now...but thought I'd read a reply of yours to flysurfer? Speaking of which - I, too, love that black and white horse image, flysurfer,...a ghost horse, or so it seems! Beautiful little girl with her puppy and who could refuse that pony?! Am I right that the darker horse is the one that we saw the operation photos of? I hope there's been a complete recovery, flysurfer.

Please keep adding to this thread even if you are making me jealous! nippa, that means you, too, once you've got yours!

:rofl: In Russia and Ukraine people almost never eat while walking. When I was in Croatia for the first time, i was shocked to see all those people walking, talking on the mobile phone and eating at the same time!

Since my X10 came with a lens hood, I put it on and made some shots in "difficult" light, once again while sitting on a horse, so bear with me if the framing isn't perfect, I didn't crop, this is almost OOC (developed with the X10's built-in RAW-JPEG converter) with only minor adjustments.

Here's a DR400 12 MP shot using traditional DR400 dynamic range expansion, basically the same method known from the X100:

View attachment 44038
12MP, ISO 400, f2.0, 1/200, DR400, -2/3 EV (pulled another -1/3 EV with in-camera RAW conversion)

Switching the camera to M resolution, the EXR features come into play, like this DR400 shot:

View attachment 44039
6 MP, ISO 100, DR400, -2/3 EV, f3.6, 1/420

Here's another M resolution shot, this time the X10 chose EXR DR with DR200:

View attachment 44040
6 MP, ISO 100, f2.8, 1/280, -2/3 EV, DR200

Here's another one, obviously EXR DR400:

View attachment 44041
6 MP, ISO 100, f2.8, 1/280, -1/3 EV, DR400

Back