Fuji Fuji X10 Coming Soon

HI Lili
I don't think that it's really feasible to do a hybrid viewfinder for zoom lenses (I guess it's possible, but doubt anyone will do it).

Fair enough Lili. Conceded they could do an EVF, but I'd be taking the OVF prospects off the table. Having said that, I can't see Fuji hitting a niche with this. Granted many would like the retro styling, but the pitch with the x100 was it's pro cred.

Be about as smart as Pentax putting out a pocket sized interchangeable kit with a 1/2.33" sensor. Madness! :dash2:

Fair enough Lili. Conceded they could do an EVF, but I'd be taking the OVF prospects off the table. Having said that, I can't see Fuji hitting a niche with this. Granted many would like the retro styling, but the pitch with the x100 was it's pro cred.

Be about as smart as Pentax putting out a pocket sized interchangeable kit with a 1/2.33" sensor. Madness! :dash2:

I quite agree about the OVF, the only niche they might hit would be a 4x zoom fast at both end with the sleek styling of the X100 with a good EVF and LCD.
The one thing I dislike about my XZ-1 and F200EXR is the fragility of the retractable lenses that make then so compact, as well as the chance of being a 'dust pump'. If they could do this with a fixed manual zoom it might really sell.
The 2/3" sensor is quite large, same as the one in the S100Fs which had superb IQ for a bridge camera!

I've been disappoint by Fuji in the past when they try to follow up from their hit cameras. Its like they are only allowed one really good camera every 3-5 years, so the X100 filled the slot until 2014. I'm open to this, and if it is a zoom with a good sized sensor and gets me relatively clean 100-400 ISO, I may have to try it out.

On a side note, am I the only one who wants really good 50-400 ISO in a compact? I don't mind having a nigger camera for lowlight, but I want a good walk-around shooter. My Canon ELPH SD800 had clearner ISO 80 than my EP series ISO 200 or even 100 (though of course not the detail)

Hybrid OVF / EVF

I think they could probably do a hybrid OVF / EVF for this camera as long as they are electronically projecting the frameline. They only have to account for the 28mm - 112mm range that this camera is supposed to have. I am intrigued by the f2.0 lens. So far, no one has made a compact with a constant zoom like this. Olympus XZ-1 is f2.4 at the long end (still very fast) and so was the Leica Digilux 2 (same sensor size incidentally). I am fairly certain that the Fuji lens will not be faster than f2.4 at 112mm to keep the camera compact.

I think they could probably do a hybrid OVF / EVF for this camera as long as they are electronically projecting the frameline. They only have to account for the 28mm - 112mm range that this camera is supposed to have. I am intrigued by the f2.0 lens. So far, no one has made a compact with a constant zoom like this. Olympus XZ-1 is f2.4 at the long end (still very fast) and so was the Leica Digilux 2 (same sensor size incidentally). I am fairly certain that the Fuji lens will not be faster than f2.4 at 112mm to keep the camera compact.

F4 or 4.5

If they can keep this between 2.0 and 2.5 that would be fantastic

So no OVF if this photo is legitimate. Not too surprising considering the price point. I'd guess that the X100 EVF would show up in this camera. If the lens is optically good and Fuji manages to improve performance (autofocusing, shutter lag, shot to shot time, etc.), this could be a really nice camera.

Back