Fuji Fuji X vs M-43

This I think is the key to it all. Do you 'connect' with the camera? I do with Micro 4/3. I do love the Fuji stuff too so It's going to be very hard to sell it. (Lets see if I do!)

I definitely connect with my X-Pro / X100s. I'm not ready to sell those yet. I do connect with the E-P5, and have mostly connected with M43 ever since the E-PL1.

I recently just sold my E-P5 and VF-4 in anticipation of getting an E-M1 (with rebate :)). Judging by the rebated price mentioned above I made out like a pirate by selling my 7 month old E-P5 for $545. It was a lovely piece of design that looked gorgeous, had just the right amount of heft to it, and course was a fantastic camera. However I tend to use my Micro 4/3 gear in more of a "workhorse", do anything, go anywhere fashion so the E-M1 will probably suit me better as did the E-M5 before it. The E-P5 sure was purty, though.

I recently just sold my E-P5 and VF-4 in anticipation of getting an E-M1 (with rebate :)). Judging by the rebated price mentioned above I made out like a pirate by selling my 7 month old E-P5 for $545. It was a lovely piece of design that looked gorgeous, had just the right amount of heft to it, and course was a fantastic camera. However I tend to use my Micro 4/3 gear in more of a "workhorse", do anything, go anywhere fashion so the E-M1 will probably suit me better as did the E-M5 before it. The E-P5 sure was purty, though.

You indeed did well. It was only by chance I even noticed the rebate, plus the retail store I purchased from also had a 10% discount site wide at the same time. Otherwise I wouldnt have considered it for $800 considering the M10 amongst others.

The VF4 would be nice, though not a priority for me. I have so much gear I need to sell before I consider anything else. I need to deal with this unproductive addiction.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Those rebates have created some great deals. For instance, up until last Sunday Digidirect.com.au was offering 10% off everything, which combined with a $300 rebate from Olympus meant that an E-M1 was about $885 including shipping. The other one that I thought was a particularly good deal was the E-M5 + 12-40mm f2.8 for $1195 from Gerry Gibbs Camera Warehouse after the rebate which is still available. It's the cheapest way I've seen to get the 12-40mm if you consider that an E-M5 would be worth $500 or so second hand you could end up with a $1000 lens for close to $700 all told.

BTW, the VF-4 looks enormous on top of the E-P5, but it is incredibly good.

LOL... Eventually I might cave on the VF4. It was big and bright! No... no caving.

Yes, Digidirect is where I picked up the E-P5. I buy a lot of my gear there. I think they had the 12-40 for $899 including the rebate. The 12-40 is on the radar, once I have my sell off.

Back