Fuji X-PRO 1 Fully Leaked by French Magazine 'Responses Photo'

My credit cards getting nervous.

but not the right combination of size, weight, and IQ for me at this point. The more stuff other companies put out, the more I keep coming back to m43 as the right set of tradeoffs for me.

Firstly can I say how much that last statement resonates with me. Cameras come and go here on a pretty regular basis, but there always seems to be a m4/3 camera (or two) around.

Regarding the Fuji.
I guess it shows what a diverse lot we are. I was prepared to ignore it for the most part, imagining that it would more or less be an X100 with interchangeable lenses. Then more details started to sneak (or at the moment flood) out. No AA filter, Fuji coming out with an m-mount adapter, its the same size as a Leica M9, I've heard there's a grip for it and now finally today that the body only is 450g with battery and card, which means its about 100g heavier than a NEX-7 and about 100g heavier (just the body) than the X100 which has the lens included. The Leica M9 is only just under 600g, so the Fuji is going to be a decent chunk of machinery. Factor in metal lenses and this is some distance from your average compactalike CSC. I would estimate that the body + one of the lenses will (if that figure of 450g is correct) be roughly the same weight as an M9 - body only.

Unfortunately (and the sound you can hear is my credit cards whining!) this is almost EXACTLY what I reckoned was my perfect camera. I had this dream of a camera that was the size and layout of my (now departed) M9 + grip, but about 150 to 200g lighter, that had lenses that were basically similar to the smallest and lightest of the m-mounts, that had no AA filter and had AF or a focus peaking feature similar to the Sony NEX.

Oh dear!!

Those scamps at Fuji seem to have "seen me coming" again. (For all those in the UK who watch Harry Enfield) I'm telling myself over and over again, I didn't like the S5, I was somewhat disappointed by the X100, and all the raw files I've seen from the X10 don't impress me much. Its too expensive, I've got far too many cameras, its "only" 16MP when I've got 24MP on my NEX-7, its winter and.... and.....

OK. I give in. Can I have one now please. I want it now.
NOW!

David, I have no doubt at all that you'll buy a Fuji, and we'll all benefit here from your write-up ;)

Specs are out:
Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | In deep look: Fuji X PRO 1 specs!

Sensitivity:Equivalent to ISO 200 – 6400  (Standard Output Sensitivity)

AUTO mode: AUTO(400)/AUTO(800)AUTO(1600)/AUTO(3200)
Extended output sensitivity: equivalent ISO 100, 12800 and 25600″

Shutter control: Focal Plane Shutter, Shutter speed (with mechanical shutter)” “(P mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/4000 sec., (All other modes) 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec. Bulb (max.60min.) Time 2 to 30 se”

Dimensions: 139.5 (W) mm x 81.8 (H) mm x 42.5(D) mm / 5.5in.(W) x 3.2in. (H) x 1.7 in. (D) (Minimum depth: 34.1 mm/ 1.3 in.)”

Weight Approx: 450g / 15.9 oz. (including battery and memory card) Approx. 400 g /14.1 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)

I'm sure this camera will turn out some stunning images and it will be tempting on all sorts of levels. If I was somehow dis-satisfied with my current gear and looking for a new SYSTEM, I'd seriously consider freeing up some money, selling some gear, whatever, to get it. But I'm not someone who uses the 50mm focal length much at all (and I already have this covered well enough for my needs with a very nice f1.4 m43 lens) and I don't see much advantage of an effective 90mm lens at f2.4 with a better sensor over an effective 90mm lens at f1.8 with a lesser sensor (at least for someone like me who doesn't care about macros). To me, the real benefit of this system, at least initially, would be the 28mm at f2 with an incredible APS sensor (I'm assuming it will be incredible). THAT would be nice and would probably get a lot of use. And if it has fast AF and can do a couple of other tricks, it might even supplant my X100. But I have several very good options at the 28mm focal length and another excellent option at the 24mm focal length. And with m43 I've got a host of wide angle options (which is what I shoot a disproportionate percentage of the time). The Fuji, in the near term, would just add a great 28. In by far the largest form factor camera I'd own - the X100 is currently my largest camera. And I don't like big cameras or lenses! And I just can't see spending over $2000 on that. I looked at a GXR with the 28 briefly and I didn't feel like THAT added enough to what I already own to spend $900 on that, and this won't be ALL that much better... And, although I don't use them often, having the option of a couple of zooms (both the 14-150 and 9-18) can occasionally be invaluable with my m43 gear, and I can't see how Fuji would ever go there with a hybrid viewfinder, which has already got to be a huge technical challenge with three primes.

I'll be curious to see where this Fuji system goes in time. Will they add different body options? Maybe something with a flip screen? Will the hybrid viewfinder be a hindrance to a more versatile system? Will they add a couple more key lenses (probably yes on this one)? But, for now, it appears to mean spending well over $2000 for a very nice camera with a very nice 28mm lens and I just don't see that happening. If it could REPLACE a big chunk of my existing system, it might have a chance, but at this point it would just add another camera with one lens I know I'd love, but if it didn't enable me to get rid of at least an equal amount of stuff, I can't see doing it. And I don't see that happening with this initial release.

So I suppose I'll watch this with the same semi-interested eye I've watched the Nex system with for a while now (since my dalliance with the Nex 5 about a year ago). A LOT of potential, but not the right combination of size, weight, and IQ for me at this point. The more stuff other companies put out, the more I keep coming back to m43 as the right set of tradeoffs for me. I'm glad I don't have very high pixel peeping needs/standards - it would make life much more complicated and expensive!

-Ray

Thoughtful notes Ray, as usual.

The modification for me is the last bit, about the pixel-peeping. The one limitation I have with M43 is that under some conditions and with some subjects, I am not getting as much as I would like for my large prints: so not really pixel-peeping, but a desire for a deeper level of performance.

Of course it's me that's the real problem - I am trying to have one system that does it all. The Nex 7 seems to come close and the new Fuji looks right too. The Nex 7 is ahead in terms of flexibility (tilting screen), but the Fuji is tugging at my heart...

The talk about size doesn't worry me so much. Maybe not as small as most M43, but overall bulk way less than a DSLR, and that's what matters to me. In fact, I do find some M43 a bit cramped.

Firstly can I say how much that last statement resonates with me. Cameras come and go here on a pretty regular basis, but there always seems to be a m4/3 camera (or two) around.

Regarding the Fuji.
I guess it shows what a diverse lot we are. I was prepared to ignore it for the most part, imagining that it would more or less be an X100 with interchangeable lenses. Then more details started to sneak (or at the moment flood) out. No AA filter, Fuji coming out with an m-mount adapter, its the same size as a Leica M9, I've heard there's a grip for it and now finally today that the body only is 450g with battery and card, which means its about 100g heavier than a NEX-7 and about 100g heavier (just the body) than the X100 which has the lens included. The Leica M9 is only just under 600g, so the Fuji is going to be a decent chunk of machinery. Factor in metal lenses and this is some distance from your average compactalike CSC. I would estimate that the body + one of the lenses will (if that figure of 450g is correct) be roughly the same weight as an M9 - body only.

Unfortunately (and the sound you can hear is my credit cards whining!) this is almost EXACTLY what I reckoned was my perfect camera. I had this dream of a camera that was the size and layout of my (now departed) M9 + grip, but about 150 to 200g lighter, that had lenses that were basically similar to the smallest and lightest of the m-mounts, that had no AA filter and had AF or a focus peaking feature similar to the Sony NEX.

Oh dear!!

Those scamps at Fuji seem to have "seen me coming" again. (For all those in the UK who watch Harry Enfield) I'm telling myself over and over again, I didn't like the S5, I was somewhat disappointed by the X100, and all the raw files I've seen from the X10 don't impress me much. Its too expensive, I've got far too many cameras, its "only" 16MP when I've got 24MP on my NEX-7, its winter and.... and.....

OK. I give in. Can I have one now please. I want it now.
NOW!

Ha!
Knew you would succumb...

Fuji, I'm ready. Sold the X100, sold the X1, sold the EP3, sold the Pentax Q.
I knew they would come with something exciting. In September Leica is expected to announce their mirror less system. Fuji has set the bar high, not the least as far as pricing is concerned. The X100 is the camera the X1 was supposed to be, the X10 the one a Leica LX6 could have been.

Leaked press release Fuji X-Pro 1 press release | Photo Rumors

No new AF, so it sounds like CDAF. A new processor, though, so maybe faster AF (like the jump from EP1 to EP3?)

also mirrorlessrumors.com, is restarting that $1399 with lens is the actual price. That seems REALLY cheap if the X100 keeps it's $1000+ price.

ahahah! Looking at the revealed tech specs, I'm wondering if Fuji is going to release the camera with a grossly unrefined FW, à la X100...
Auto iso topped at 3200, while we are waiting for a fixed FW (for the X100), where one of the frequent requests is a 6400 choice...

Just joking, I know I will try to find the money...

And, now if its really $1400 WITH lens (particularly if one can choose the 28 rather than the 53, it might be back in the game, depending on the particulars.... I guess I should just basically shut up and wait to see what this is gonna be. :D

-Ray

Specs are out:... Dimensions: 139.5 (W) mm x 81.8 (H) mm x 42.5(D) mm / 5.5in.(W) x 3.2in. (H) x 1.7 in. (D) (Minimum depth: 34.1 mm/ 1.3 in.)”

Weight Approx: 450g / 15.9 oz. (including battery and memory card) Approx. 400 g /14.1 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)

Dimensions are nearly identical to M9, as had been guessed. Weight is significantly less than M9 though.

Wonderful product pics! The grip seems to be interchangeable as an add-on bottom plate. Interesting.

3ce678c8d9f7e1756711ae371adaade4.jpg

interesting seams on the flash. I wonder if it will tilt up at all?

Still no pics of the back of the camera for some reason. This is probably an accurate one, though: Fuji LX mirrorless camera leaked | Photo Rumors

Back