Fuji Fuji update now available__link provided

Thanks, Armanius. But what about the shutter speed? I just set my slowest shutter speed to 1/40 sec in the Auto ISO setting area. 'Took a shot in our living room and reviewed the picture in the camera. The camera let me shoot the shot at 1/26sec. 'Just seems kinda' odd but thanks for getting back to me. As Brian Williams says; "always a pleasure."
. . . David

Thanks, Don. Actually the flash with the bounce box worked very well with aperture priority. I was pleasantly surprised. I like the quality of light it gives. However, you're right, a manually set shutter speed would eliminate the motion issue.

On the other issue, I'm still confused. - The slowest shutter speed setting in Auto ISO still has me perplexed. I set it at 1/40sec, it will, if need be, shoot slower. Am I doing something weird here? Thanks in advance.
. . . David

No, I actually combined two items in one post. My "not so good idea." :redface: The reply I just did to Armanius kind of tells the story. Very strange. When you set the minium slowest shutter speed and the camera, based on your selected f-stop, needs either a higher ISO than available or a slower shutter does it let you take the shot anyway? 'Just curious.
. . . David

David etc... For flash... I would never trust any camera except my M's.
I would use say...ASA 400...shutter @ 1/125 or so...
Fstop is set by the flash as to the distance you need.
My 283's I used 5.6 or 11.
Remember, the flash determines the fstop.
If you use auto iso... Well the camera will do crazy things...

If you use auto iso... Well the camera will do crazy things...
That's priceless Don! Maybe that's why I've always gone the sedentary route of choosing my ISO, but heck life is too short not to go a little crazy, eh? Photorx...can give us our Rx if we need it.;)

Well, you have to remember that with flash you have a controlled light source.
The variables in exposure are fstop and shutter speed set together according to the ASA.
When flash is introduced, you still have the same variables but with a controlled light source.

Auto ASA will change the relation between available light and your flash output.
Maybe these new fangled auto something camera do things differently but light is light and exposure is exposure.

"My 283's I used 5.6 or 11". Don, I used those for years too with a camera that only synced at 1/60sec. Great flashes though. Thanks for the advice. I think you are right. Auto ISO requires enough internal computation in itself, let along adding flash into the mix.
. . . David

Shooter's emergency room.
Attention! The camera after updating has a bad case of Alzheimer's disease.

All settings should be checked and reset. This includes RAW.
I just did 30 frames and it shot in jpeg.
So, remember... These Fuji engineers do some things great but can't see the Forrest for the trees.

"I just did 30 frames and it shot in jpeg." YES, that happened to me too. After the update the camera went to a strange set of defaults, half mine, half who know. Fortunately I've only been driving my family crazy with indoor, (bad weather outside here in northern Vermont), test shots today.
. . . David

I might be useful to hear, if after the update, what settings you've been using and which you might change after the update "enhancements". Just to help some of us get back to square one considering the arbitrary post update resets.

Ok, What settings are you referring to?

Some I can remember....
Date/Time.... Reset
srgb. Ok
Image quality...reset to raw
fn button..reset to iso, I might change that...
AF target size...set to smallest size.
This speeds up AF and improves accuracy.
I put the ok button in the Lock position. This locks the 4way control wheel... Great big help.

If you used any custom display settings, they need to be reset.
I don't... Non issue for me.

Hmmmm maybe more, don't remember off hand.

If you use MF, the camera will focus from around 4" to infinity. No macro mode needed.
With A mode, and auto ISO... Your good to go.
Even if you use M mode, the camera will adjust the ISO to compute the correct exposure for what you set....

AF target size...set to smallest size.-do you mean choose Spot over Multi? I don't recall a way to change the size of the target...

I put the ok button in the Lock position. This locks the 4way control wheel... - not sure what you mean?

Thanks much in advance!,
Bruce

Bruce,
Put the camera in AFS mode.... then...hold the AF button on the Left side of the camera...then use the control lever on the top right to adjust the frame size.
This adjust to a very small size that I like to use for accuracy. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Manual Focus mode....

Locking the control wheel..... if you are like me...I hit the control wheel just at the precise moment that the worlds greatest photo is in front of me....alas, the camera has a sense of humor that I don't find funny... it will change a setting on the wheel....
if you press the OK button for around 3 seconds....the wheel is locked and you can't miss the next worlds greatest photo....

No, Don doesn't mean that. The way to make the focus box smaller or larger is via the AF button on the back left side - press it and then use the "lever" up on the upper right back, below and to the left of the EV compensation wheel.

The multi or spot or average is the metering choice, if I'm not mistaken.

Oops, great minds post at the same time!;)

The other thing to consider changing this time is in the wrench menu: AF Corrected AF Frame this is what the new update brings to the OVF as outlined in the list of updates.

Also for those of us who are stuck in the non metric mode - change meters to feet in the Focus scale.

Just FYI, my RAW settings stayed as is after I first reset the camera. I also have to say that I feel as though the camera is getting even better photos - for me.

Bruce..... if you press the AE button on the left of the camera and then use the control lever it goes to photometry....what the heck is that....ok, for us humans....
hit the AE button and use the control lever to switch between metering modes.....
This camera is absolutely awesome..... I'm set for life..... no joking, I could stay with this one forever.....

Back