Fuji Fuji F660EXR

Fuji F660EXR

Flower on Windowsill

Don’t know how you guys put a black background in flower photos - I used a black card here then found the colours & petals turned solid & the delicacy & translucency of the flower petals was lost. Backlight was needed.

View attachment 67050

The view of my garden background behind was messy, distracting & downright embarrassing, so after thinking a bit I taped a sheet of A3 tracing paper on the window glass & got this.

View attachment 67051

In colour :- provia
View attachment 67052

It still didn’t quite capture the ephemeral quality of the petals but I think it worked a sight better than the black card.

Testing the 15x digital zoom on the F660EXR

No prizes for technique, skill or content just a simple test

This was hand held & the distance must be well over half a mile away

View attachment 68228

Here is the normal wide angle 16:9 shot taken a few weeks ago from the same point.
The boat in the above photo is the first one in the harbour entrance so you can gauge distance

View attachment 68229

Yes quite surprising .. but its obviously better at the optical range which for the most part is all I need

Tried an experiment Saturday comparing my Fuji F660 with my old Fuji Stx1 fitted with Meyer Lydith Wide angle.

Only afterwards I realised I used 16:9 ratio on the 660 – Duh.

I was expecting a better result from the STX1 – perhaps its partly down to the cheap film used - Agfa Vista plus 200 (£1.00 from Poundland & £1.00 developing from Tesco) then scanned with veho scanner .
My thoughts on this film was to convert to BW later – I was not expecting much from it.
The 660 was set on medium file size 8mb with Velvia & although I spec’d iso 200 it took at 125 iso in S mode

Fuji F660 EXR
View attachment 72704

Fuji STX1 & Lydith
View attachment 72705

Its worth having another crack using better film – probably Fuji but given the results so far I am more than happy with the 660 jpg – not much to be ashamed of with the added bonus of true pocketability & not having to lug a large camera & lenses around. Must say though using a viewfinder & focusing through lens was pure joy.

I hope to compare with a Konica S3 soon

Back