Free Adobe CS2 containing Photoshop.

If you want to install on windows 7 64 bit visit this link : Adobe Community: how to install PS CS2 on Windows 7 64 bit???

I used both the XP compatiblilty mode for the setup file AND changed the directory to C:\progra~2\adobe. It worked for me.

You shouldn't need to do any of that with these downloads. I do have to do that with my original CS2 DVDs but these downloads seem fixed. I just ran the installer and everything installed on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine with no problems.

My download would not install in the default folder; I got a message saying something about unsupported characters in the name, whatever that means. When I changed the installation folder to C:\progra~2\adobe, it worked like a charm.

Maybe it's because I have the Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit instead of 7 Professional.

It will install into Home Premium, though. I did so and worked in the program last night.

Now some are saying its not free. However, the mere fact that those apps and serials are out there with no requirement to sign in, tells me its just a backhanded giveaway. Heres a quote from an adobe blog:

"Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers."

Bold is mine. If it wasnt free, you would only be able to get these applications and serials after you logged in. I'm calling it left-handed legit.

Whatever, I'm grateful to having this drawn to my attention. Like Larry I used the shortened filename when installing (Windows 7 professional) and it's all up and running. Nobody has knocked on the door or arrested me so far, so thanks for the links. I would expect that Adobe have earned their development money and then some in it's lifetime, so good on them as well for putting out this "obsolete" application at the end of it's supported life.

Barrie

A nice upgrade from Photoshop 7 for me. I'm not in any position to buy CS 6.

I don't believe the company is so inept that they did not know people were going to download and install these applications with the provided serial numbers. It keeps those of us who cannot yet upgrade to the newest and latest edition in the Photoshop camp, which aging editions might otherwise force us to abandon.

Back