France

Dewi Sant

Veteran
Name
Guess?
I've recently returned from a road trip over in France where I explored a lot of small medieval villages in the Lot and Dordogne areas. The shots I took this year were all done with a view to making them monochromes for my "Backroads of France" series of photos for my website. I did a similar thing last year but in colour. These were shot in the villages of Lubressac and Carennac

IMG_9988_zpsf7dfv9lw.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_9985_zpsqbvascn0.jpg

IMG_9961_zpshmsizzx6.jpg

Sorry, should have said, these were shot on my aging Canon 550D using a Canon 17-40 L Zoom. The metering on the camera packed in whilst on the French tour so most to the shots were pure guesswork.

New camera body time I think, I only ever buy cheap bodies as I abuse them too much but this one's lasted for 5 years so it's not done too badly. Lost it down a cliff in Iceland a few years ago but got it back, and although it carried the scars it still worked ok. Canon 7D next time I think - just got a car to pay for first!

Sorry, should have said, these were shot on my aging Canon 550D using a Canon 17-40 L Zoom. The metering on the camera packed in whilst on the French tour so most to the shots were pure guesswork.

New camera body time I think, I only ever buy cheap bodies as I abuse them too much but this one's lasted for 5 years so it's not done too badly. Lost it down a cliff in Iceland a few years ago but got it back, and although it carried the scars it still worked ok. Canon 7D next time I think - just got a car to pay for first!

Oh car payments, those nasty things! Another three years, God help me. If your shots were guesswork, you guessed well.

Often the BW with one color photos are somewhat artificial (incl. my own) but these are exceptional! Very impressive, especially the one with the boat.

Back