Expired For Sale: Leica M3 DS with Summarit-M, case, Series VI filter Adapter, Filters, Hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Product of the Fifties
I have Two M3’s and Two Summarits. Time to offer one for sale.

For Sale:

Leica M3 Double Stroke with 5cm F1.5 Summarit-M lens, series VI filter adapter, series VI filters, Series VI hood, and fitted case. The camera and lens were professionally Cleaned, Lubed, and Adjusted (CLA) by Essex camera about 8 years ago. The lens has some marks on the front element, nothing that will have any real effect on the image. Essex did a great job cleaning internal haze from the lens, tha main reason it was sent in. I have used this lens on my M3, M8, and M9. See Pictures. The filter ring was damaged when I got it, and Essex straightened it out. It will take the “hard to find” 41mm filters without problem. I use the included (and RARE) Tiffen #611 Series VI adapter, made it much more convenient to find filters and hood. The camera is in ~8/10 condition, brassing on the top plate common with using Leica MC meters. The Vulcanite is in decent condition, one piece repaired by Essex near the DOF preview lever. See close-up.

I have used this camera with good results, the viewfinder is in excellent condition, and shutter has been accurate on all speeds.

$1130 shipped within the US via insured Priority mail with signature confirmation; $1180 via insured Priority mail world-wide with signature confirmation. Paypal is fine, as is personal check or money order. $30 discount for check/MO, or “Paypal Gift”. I reserve the right to hold shipment until after a check clears. 14 day return policy, shipping is NOT refundable. Internationally, item must be declared for the insured amount.

Series VI adapter with hood.

Wide-Open on the M9:

At F4 on the M9:

At F4 on This M3:

Wide-Open on This M3:

Just to add: the Summarit is a low-contrast lens, and is especially good on a digital Leica. Low contrast means shadow detail is preserved and high-lights are not blown-out. I used it with C-41 black and white, and now on the M8 and M9. A modern lens would have blown-out the highlights on the above shot. I have two of Summarits, otherwise would keep this one. The availability of Series VI filters makes this lens perfect for black and white.

One Bump- And forgot i had uploaded some shots with this lens on the EP2.

At F2 on the EP2, some strong backlighting to test the lens:

F1.5 on the EP2:

F2.8:

If this one does not sell here, I will keep it.

I had not thought that such intense erotica was permitted on this site. I miss mine it is in a secure location in another country, I did love stroking it.

Easy to see why I built up a collection. Hard to let go of these beauties.

Price on Leica lenses has skyrocketed, mostly due to the M9. The M9 is nice. But the M3 has the best viewfinder of any rangefinder camera ever made. And I have 15 Nikon rangefinders, 4 Canon rangefinders, and 8 Leicas. Leotax, Nicca, Tanack, and Yashica YF. Need to put some film through that one!

I've been collecting cameras since I was about 10- which was 45 years ago. Other people splurged on fast Cars for 40th birthdays and such. I bought a Nikon SP when I turned 40.

I ended up with 5 Contax RF's as well, the lenses are fantastic but the viewfinder is pitiful compared to the Leica, Canon, and Nikon. The Zorki 3M has a nice finder.

And... the Kodak Signet 80 has a 1x viewfinder with lots of contrast and a large RF spot. The selenium meter works on mine. Interchangeable lenses, but I only have the 50.

One Bump- knock of $50.

$1080 shipped within the US via insured Priority mail with signature confirmation; $1130 via insured Priority mail world-wide with signature confirmation. Paypal is fine, as is personal check or money order. $30 discount for check/MO, or “Paypal Gift”. I reserve the right to hold shipment until after a check clears. 14 day return policy, shipping is NOT refundable. Internationally, item must be declared for the insured amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back