Flower Macros 2011

summerkl

Veteran
Name
Kevin
I've taken quite a liking to my A33 and Minolta 50mm macro. Here are some of the shots that I like the most. I've post-processed them in LR3.

Here are some close-in shots

20110814-DSC04872.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20110814-DSC04887.jpg

20110901-DSC04948.jpg

20110814-DSC04830.jpg

20110814-DSC04854.jpg

Now some shots getting the whole flower

20110814-DSC04831.jpg

20110813-DSC04816.jpg

20110814-DSC04847.jpg

20110814-DSC04890.jpg

And finally the ubiquitous dandelion shot

20110827-DSC04928.jpg

I agree, lovely stuff. Is there much cropping or is that pretty much how they were framed? I'll be attempting to emulate those next chance I get.

Great :)

Thanks Heather, I try for the most part to frame in-camera so that I don't have to crop out extraneous stuff. However, since I shoot in RAW, I wind up post processing everything so cropping is a routine part of my workflow so I can't honestly say which ones I've cropped. I look forward to your emulations :)

Beautiful - even if that last one is making me feel as though fall is upon us. I really, really like the green leaves with the light, Kevin and those flower close-ups are incredibly intense! I believe your second of the flowers is my favorite, if I had to choose.:th_salute:

Thanks BB, the X100 suits you well plus I love that your shooting in color again ... well you know what I mean.

Handheld macro shooting has been a lot of fun with the 50mm focal length. I have toyed with the idea of a longer macro lens but I think I'd need to use a tripod which would make it too "serious" for me.

I know what you mean about the tripod being too serious, though I always admire Peter's ocean pool pictures where time stands still. I'm just trying to imagine you hiking with your tripod, clambering up and over those rocks... Or perhaps during your lunch hour at work, putting it over your shoulder and heading out...what would the staff say?! ;)

Thanks about the "color again". I like it too.

Back