Flickr has gone all pretty

I love the fact that they are doing 1TB free without resolution limits. Somebody tell Herman!

They'll work out the bugs.

Lol @Herman!

I like the 15yo tumblr look!
It does feel like we should have more options tho
And I was confused once I clicked on a photo, as to how to get back to the stream. I couldn't just click off to the side to go back, like I felt I should have been able to

It also now makes me feel like I need to organize sets and collections. Bah. Work! Lol

-Eliot "...but if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world..." - Fox, Le Petit Prince

And whom can I strangle for that GODAWFUL Ken Burns effect during slideshow where they pan and move the photos around. I'm a grown man who likes still photos.....quit making them move.

And get off Luke's lawn!!! *shakescane* hehehehehehehe

-Eliot "...but if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world..." - Fox, Le Petit Prince

Nic has a very good point and perhaps flickr shoould check it out. They've always made their website open to 3rd party developers and judging from my own stats, people are brought to my stream far more often through a 3rd party app than from anywhere else. Why not flickriver (or some other 3rd party app) be the way we view our stuff. Better yet, if everything is coded right, why can't we just load up our content and then choose from 3 -10 layouts (or more!) that are kind of tested already and work well.

The whole thing just strikes me as a bunch of people who have no idea what they have. Goggle + may have some adherents, but flickr is easily the most established photo sharing service that has a built-in community. I really cringe when photography websites are being designed around cel phones users. I think I have a little puke in the back of my throat...please excuse me. Maybe I need to find a new place. I'm certainly not a photographer, but I'm not interested in hanging out with a ton of Instagrammers,.

I like the lotsa layout options idea

But the images have no room to breathe... It's like visiting your Granny and looking at that wall packed with pictures of children and grandchildren.

I want to curate my photos and decide how they are shown not have them thrown in people's faces all at once. Equally, I detest sensory overload as a viewer. Nothing stands out so everything appears mediocre.

Not happy...

Sent from another Galaxy

I kinda like that my eyes tend to snap to the photo I really like best out of a big group
And it gives a big picture glance at someone's work and style. Then I can go to individual photos to see them larger and more detailed and REALLY appreciate them

Oh I have a paid account, btw
I'll keep it

I never signed up to Flickr as I didn't like being forced to have a yahoo account - (just one of my many quirks)

Am I right in saying this will now slow up the number of images posted here with links?

Personally I use photobucket to link here - makes me wonder what will happen to that now.

I never signed up to Flickr as I didn't like being forced to have a yahoo account - (just one of my many quirks)

Am I right in saying this will now slow up the number of images posted here with links?

Personally I use photobucket to link here - makes me wonder what will happen to that now.

I swear mine just links to my google account
If I have a yahoo account.... I Dunno what it is.. Mebbe mrgubrz@gmail.com@yahoo.com? Lol

I had to go log in and see what the fuss is about.

It is Facebook-ified... harder to navigate, but CUTER! Because what we all wanted was more cute. And it is so slow it is basically just not loading now. Page stays pure white, Firefox just stops trying, nothing appears.

Awesome sauce.

Gone all pretty? I haven't got words to say how bad it is.
Well, I have, but they are against SC site rules.
I'd use a word that rhymes with pretty, definitely.

I presume it's designed for people who use tablets and other touch/swipe devices. It works incredibly clumsily for me using a screen/mouse/keyboard.

Dumping such a massive interface change with no notice to your user base is clumsy and thoughtless beyond belief! What were they thinking? big Big BIG mistake is imposing a whole look without offering options, rather than offering a whole new look as an option extra to the way things were.

I'm now forced to have my 'stream presented the way Flickr wants it, not the way I want it. I want options in how I present my stream.

It takes multiple clicks to get to a pic to edit it title tags and whatnot.. then I have to scroll up and down to see it and the things I'm editing.

It's incredibly slow. My (fast) i7 6GB laptop pants and blows as all the rivers of images keep loading.

It works badly with Opera again (just when it had been stable for about 2 years)

I want options to show thumbs or small images or in fact whatever the size of image I want, not this bombardment of stuff.

Why have they just allocated some random "pretty picture" as a big strap across the top of my stream? WTF?

I could go on and on. I'm so so so pissed off

agreed hate it with a passion again words just aren't enough ...... and slow ...OMG snail in treacle is a Ferrari by comparison.

agree with everything said her e- to dump it on us with zero notice and zero choice ... what a a bunch of *****

Back