First X100S Urbex Test: Life Amid the Ruins

These are stellar shots...just awesome! but fill me in on the camera trade allusions....what's the story?

Thanks!

Luke (moderator here) likes the look of the original X100 more than the X100S he ended up with. I traded him some cash, goods, and my X100 for his X100S. It worked for both of us and I ended up probably paying more than I would have to just buy an X100S -- but I don't care. I'm very glad to have this camera and I'm glad Luke now has what he wants.

Many thanks, John, for confirming that I could take wonderful - in the literal meaning of that word - shots with my X100, if only I was a good photographer like you ...

Is it you're not "as good" or is it that you just haven't found your subject and gotten into your "groove"? Sometimes, finding that genre or style that really pulls your best out is part of the equation I think. Thanks regardless for the high praise!

Both the X100 and the X100S rock. I mean totally. I've had lots of fun shooting both but I like the extras with the X100S.

I really like the quality of the color. The second one from the top looks to me like it could be a book cover. Nice work!

It's apparent to me that you make compelling and interesting photographs no matter what camera you lay your hands to.

Cheers, Jock

Back