Stroll First walk with my new RX100

Pim

Regular
Name
Pim
After trying several system camera's I have come to the conclusion I don't really care for changing lenses and I don't really care for carrying a shoulder bag, even if only a small and light one. So I decided to go "all serious compact" and purchased the RX100 to go alongside my GR. I went for the M2 model because I really like a tilt screen, looking down at the screen works better for me than holding it at arms length (which I would need to do as my eyes aint what they used to be..:) Also got the tiny little Sony grip for the camera which makes a big difference in my opinion...

Anyway, these pictures I took today during a walk in my hometown, hope you enjoy one or two.

DSC001491.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00112-Edit.jpg

DSC00099-Edit.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00151-3-Edit.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00158-Edit.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00109-Edit.jpg

And one from the bar where I ended up after my walk for a well deserved beer (well, I thought so any way)

DSC00186.jpg

Last one taken back home after my walk in almost darkness on my balcony

DSC00210-2.jpg

Nice set of geometrical shapes! And nice combo now -- RX100ii and GR. are you carrying both at the same time? If yes, how do you determine what to pull out when shooting 28mm?

Thanks Jack. The way I see it is I will take the Sony when on trips where I do not really expect to take many pictures, or when I only want to take the one camera because photography is not the aim of the trip. If I go somewhere where I think I will find more opportunities I will take both and use the GR as much as possible. The Sony will then be back up for those shots where I need a little more reach, want to use the tilt screen, need a little more DoF etc... I much prefer the handling of the GR (no surpise to most I guess), but of course it is a little limited and sometimes even zooming with my feet will not get me there...:), but I will try to use the GR as much as possible in those occasions, with the comfort of knowing I have the RX100 should I need it. They are both so small that I can easily carry one on a small pouch on my belt and one in my jacket pocket of course.

Back