Sony First stroll with the A7S

lol yer lil wink went off just as i finished the sentence! :D
youve got an A7! and if you just downsample the image to 12mp, its basically the same... you just start out with the potential for a larger file
i just went the "im too lazy to downsample everything" route, lol
i like me some 12mp files! and so does my macbook! lol

you DO need the 55/1.8, tho! i cant believe you dont have it! actually, we BOTH need a 35/1.4... get on it sony!

Gubrz,
What other lenses are you using with the A7s?
I only bought the 55mm since it got such great reviews.
The rest of the time I am using my Nikkor lenses.

The two primary lenses I use are the Sony 55mm and the Nikon 20mm f/2.8D AF Nikkor
and as a spare overall I also have a Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S Nikkor for everything else.

Beautiful example of it's capabilities.

I'm envious of the lens, and until I pick up the Zeiss 35mm 2.8, I'll be sticking with a couple of my legacy lenses (Rokkor 50mm 1.4 & Minolta MD 28mm 2.8) while learning my way around my new A7r.

Gubrz,
What other lenses are you using with the A7s?
I only bought the 55mm since it got such great reviews.
The rest of the time I am using my Nikkor lenses.

The two primary lenses I use are the Sony 55mm and the Nikon 20mm f/2.8D AF Nikkor
and as a spare overall I also have a Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S Nikkor for everything else.
Just the 55 right now. I'm a 35-50 kinda guy, so I'm good with this. I'd like to get a rangefinder 35/40/50 tho. I've always wanted a focus tab;D
Beautiful example of it's capabilities.

I'm envious of the lens, and until I pick up the Zeiss 35mm 2.8, I'll be sticking with a couple of my legacy lenses (Rokkor 50mm 1.4 & Minolta MD 28mm 2.8) while learning my way around my new A7r.
It's been a great lens so far! One of my favs I've had. I also have an rx1. So I won't be getting the 35/2.8. I know I prolly won't SEE the diff, but I'll FEEL IT! And it'll make me bonkers. Lol!

<--- this dude likes ff and wide open, baby, yeah! lol

if i wanted to play with more focus, id use my m43, or my fuji, or my iphone :D
hehehe

it was my first walk, so i was excited to see how creamy the 55 would handle things, and if i could shoot wide open in texas daylight with it without blowing stuff out badly
i also still think it looks neato! :D do i want every shot like that? no! i like the gradual creaminess like in the bike shot, but i wasnt going to fiddle with aperture settings and miss a chance at the guy relatively by himself. he would have gotten to the crazy packed corner i was at if i had messed with settings from what i was already doing

and i totally agree, its exactly what it looks like. a diorama and these 2 are glued on sticks stuck way forward of a watercolor background. but you could always just adjsut yer aperture to avoid it.
just shoot everything at f8! the a7s can handle the iso!

All true things you say! They are very impressive shots, and did a great job showing the capabilities of the camera. And I agree, why not have that look in your arsenal? You can always stop down or use something else if that's not the look you want.

Back