Fuji First impressions of the X100's controls

Ray, thanks for bringing us along on the ISO journey. I don't use Auto ISO, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. However, it's easy for me to say it doesn't bother me...and really settings are such personal matters. I keep rereading this last post of yours to get it in my head why the setting of the range of low and high wouldn't serve the purposes of someone who did want to have Auto ISO on.

Its less about what you can and cannot do than HOW you have to do it. In auto ISO, you can set the lowest value on the fly, very quickly and easily. But you can only set the high by diving back into the menus and go back to where you turn the auto ISO on and off in the first place. The whole idea of just having AUTO as one of the choices on a single, easily accessible, ISO menu seems so simple and well implemented in EVERY other camera out there today. I just can't get at what they were thinking with this. Most of the other "is it a feature or a bug?" issues that other people are complaining about seem to have pretty strong rationales behind them, whether one agrees with them or not or finds them helpful or not. This one, though, I just find baffling and don't see any possible upside to it or rationale behind it.

-Ray

Back