Ricoh Finally got a GRD III

GRD III Fill Flash

Thought I'd add a shot playing with the flash, ISO 125, -2 EV, f/4.5, 1/320, spot metering. This was taken out the back yard near sunset. Sun was shining bright in the background and normal exposure would have blown the background. Fortunately the dog was a little tired after tossing the ball and got him to "pose" for the shot. ;)

View attachment 36153

Thought I'd chime in as well. I picked up my GR-D III a few weeks back and it has been a lot of fun to use and has forced me to try shooting in a different manner. I'm very impressed with the accuracy of the meter, which requires very little, if any, compensation usually, and the ergonomics and build fantastic, though I wish the LCD was a little better protected. Otherwise, fine little camera. Here's a few shots from it, more are on my Flickr stream currently if you're interested: Flickr

5652422515_86670bc715_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5652422673_fb8968be3e_o.jpg

5662929107_7751eb3176_o.jpg

5663496906_a9f5687184_o.jpg

Interesting to see someone actually use the flash on a GRD! Nice effect though.

EMaster glad to see another GR-D 3 photographer here. Great images!

When I held mine it was like in Sweeney Todd when he got his Razor back
"My Hand is Complete!"
Argh this thread is bringing back my inner GRD-User!!!

In Lightroom 3 you can import the RAW file only. In Preferences on the 1st page there is a tick box with the text: 'Treat Jpg files next to Raw files as separate photo's'. You will then just see the RAW files listed and they should be the only files that get uploaded from the camera. You can then delete all the images on the card.

I hate this camera as I really want one but the new Panasonic G3 would be better suited for me......but the images from the GRD3 are pretty awesome!! Sharp and with something extra like what Leicas have. You can't put your finger on it but there is just something about the images that's different and special.

I've been following these on Flickr, and commenting on some. Some pretty serious photography, but it was just as good before you got that camera. So its not the camera, but its nice to know its not limiting such a good photographer...

-Ray

Back