Nikon Finally A Decision..

pniev

Student for life
I have been going back and forth for weeks (months?) about replacing my Fuji X-T1 by a Nikon FF camera. Ray Sachs has been very helpful in making my mind. So my walkaround camera (X100T) is accompanied as of yesterday by a Nikon FF camera. I almost bought the Df but opted eventually for the D750.

I won't bore you with all details, but just wanted to say "Hello Again" and to share my first photo taken with the D750. Unfortunately focus is not on the eyes: I did not know how to change the 9-point AF when I took the shot ;-)

p1391501511-5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm clumsy with focus selection - I just half press to lock & then move the camera to frame (That could explain a lot )

I always find it hard to focus on eyes with glasses. The frames always provide a clearer target for autofocus than the eyes.
Not sure if any of the current "eye-detect-autofocus" algorithms deal with that problem better?

P.S. Oh and Congrats on the new camera! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always find it hard to focus on eyes with glasses. The frames always provide a clearer target for autofocus than the eyes.
Not sure if any of the current "eye-detect-autofocus" algorithms deal with that problem better?

P.S. Oh and Congrats on the new camera! :)

Thank you! I was just lazy. I did not want to look up how I could select the single focus point instead of the 9-point AF points. Indeed, eye-detection AF with glasses is a challenge for cameras.

Congrats on the D750 - it's a great camera that I'm sure you'll put lots of good miles on. And that's a great informal portrait, even if the focus isn't perfectly on the eye. That's one of those rules that's good to have, but it's ok to break sometimes too...

-Ray

Back