Sony Fenway Pahk

wt21

Hall of Famer
Caught a small piece of a losing game :(

Still, Fenway is ALWAYS a good time.

9399194148_d981bef968_b.jpg

Very cool indeed. One of the couple of true classic (as opposed to faux classic) ballparks left. I've never seen a game in either Fenway or Wrigley, but they're both down there somewhere on the bucket list. Then again I saw the great Oriole and Colt teams of the 1960's play in classic old Memorial Stadium, so I guess I've done OK... A nice use of panorama I probably never would have thought of...

-Ray

Is that what baseball looks like to the spectator? Blimey you are a long way from the action!

some of that is the effect of the wide angle perspective.

Just to give you an idea (or maybe not :D) : Looking at Bill's original image, I was sitting on the right side, probably very near the third pole from the right. This was taken with an APS-C Canon @ 161mm:

7000969320_0d5d27e552_b.jpg

So it's not so bad - yes it was just from the effects of the wide-angle lens.

Wow - I love that wide angle photo!!:clapping:

Hey, how'd that Canon slip in there?! I see you have some pretty darn good closeups with the RX100, on your Flickrstream as well.;)

Doesn't look like a foul pop to me, not even at foul ball, at least not yet. Looks to have bounced initially in play, based on the dirt flying. It may go foul, but not enough information to make that call here....

-Ray

Ray is right....I called foul when I saw the white chalk from the batters box flying up in the air. I assumed the batters box was foul territory, but I was wrong. The foul lines dictate fair and foul and includes some of the batters box. Of course, if the ball bounces up and the hits the batter while he is in the batters box, the ball is foul regardless of where in the box he was standing.

I understand all of the words you have used, Luke, but I can't comprehend what you have written... In return would you like me to explain the LBW rule in cricket? :D

Sent from another Galaxy

Ray is right....I called foul when I saw the white chalk from the batters box flying up in the air. I assumed the batters box was foul territory, but I was wrong. The foul lines dictate fair and foul and includes some of the batters box. Of course, if the ball bounces up and the hits the batter while he is in the batters box, the ball is foul regardless of where in the box he was standing.

I wasn't even closely looking at whether it was foul or not... merely completing the fictitious running commentary of a play-by-play announcer after Luke's post. :D

LOL...at the last two. The only thing I know of cricket goes back a couple of years to when I was in a group on flickr that used to hold weekly (or was it monthly) "manipulation" challenges (most would call it Photoshopping). One week we were given a fairly blank canvas....it was so blank that I was flummoxed for awhile. What could I do with this shot? Gog Magog Downs | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I was well and truly stumped. So I started browsing through the Creative Commons library to see if inspiration would spark. I found this photo of a cricket match Sherwood Cricket | Flickr - Photo Sharing! and wondered if I could make the 2 photos work together. It took all the skills I had, but I finally got it to where I thought it looked pretty good....and then I applied a faux tilt-shift effect. I still am quite pleased with it, but then again I have low standards. Here's my finished version (if anyone cares)...
View attachment 73095
It's a lovely day for cricket by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Back