Featured: "a thousand shapes are at your side": All Hallows Eve in Ashland

Miguel,
This is wonderful set of images. I noticed them first on your Flickr feed. Glad you were featured here! You have a great eye for capturing images with drama. They make me want to be there and experience for myself. I think that in not an easy thing to pull off with still photography. As you elaborated in this thread, there is an interesting process story behind each image.
Thanks for sharing all these.

Miguel,
This is wonderful set of images. I noticed them first on your Flickr feed. Glad you were featured here! You have a great eye for capturing images with drama. They make me want to be there and experience for myself. I think that in not an easy thing to pull off with still photography. As you elaborated in this thread, there is an interesting process story behind each image.
Thanks for sharing all these.

Thank you, Don. Part of it is just being in the right place at the right time with a decent camera and lens or two. But you're right too - every good image always seems to have an interesting story as well. But I appreciate your words here as much as I've been appreciating your images, in general, lately.

A fantastic series!! It's hard to pick a favorite.

Thank you, pniev. Like you, I have problems too when it comes to trying to say what my favorite is....or what my favoriteS aRe. I think I have 3 - the black&white of the kid wearing the Bart Simpson mask - the 'Invisible Man' - and also the Bubble Lady. But then there are others - including some of the ones I posted in my longer piece on my personal blog - that I keep coming back to, too. So maybe one has to allow oneself the freedom of changing one's mind - and having one favorite one day, and another the next!

Now that I know about you blog, I will check it out.
Did jump over there briefly and saw the Mark Frost link. Can't believe Twin Peaks is coming back. That show, well words escape me.
But I still remember the finale and the music! Cool.

I'm only a "little" late to the Halloween party here, though as you know, Miguel, I've watched the parade over on Flickr.

I'm so glad that this made it to the front page over here!:drinks: Well deserved - excellent images, caught in the other worldliness moments. My favorite from these remains your first, though each one stands strong on its own uniquely crazy merits.:friends:

Thank you so much, BB! I'm not sure if I have a favorite myself, some days I really like one....others, a different one. I guess that's part of the nature of how we look at images though - you wind up seeing things that maybe you didn't see before, the last time.....which is part of the appeal, and the fascination, of the whole thing :)

I'm only a "little" late to the Halloween party here, though as you know, Miguel, I've watched the parade over on Flickr.

I'm so glad that this made it to the front page over here!:drinks: Well deserved - excellent images, caught in the other worldliness moments. My favorite from these remains your first, though each one stands strong on its own uniquely crazy merits.:friends:

Back