Fuji Favor requested from Fuji X-Pro 1 and X-E1 users

Amin

Hall of Famer
I'm trying out the new Capture One (C1) 7.0.2 with preliminary support for these cameras and wanted to put together a blog post comparing the results from C1 and Lightroom.

If anyone has any RAF files from these cameras to contribute, I'd really appreciate it. I'm looking for both low and high ISO files, especially low ISO files that contain a lot of fine detail.

I will be sharing the RAW files for others to download and try for themselves and will specify that they are being made available for personal testing and are otherwise all rights reserved to their designated respective copyright owners.

To share a file, just attach it to a posted reply in this thread. Leave the extension ".raf" (don't zip the file or convert to DNG), otherwise our forum software will reject such a large attachment.

Thanks!

Hi Amin,

I have both cameras. I'll try to get out over the next couple of days and get you some sample images from both cameras. I assume you want the images taken with the same lens and conditions -- right ?

Rob

How many do you want? :) I'll get you some later this week. I am very curious about Capture One. I think by next year I will only be using Fuji cameras. I'm down to the D700 and a few Nikon mount lenses.

Forum software seems to be having some issues with the big uploads.

Please use this link to upload a file for me (password is FujiX)

After you upload the raw file for me, please reply to this thread with a resized JPEG so I can see who uploaded which files. Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi Amin

I've sent two files. They are not keepers, but have some areas of detail that might be useful.

I'm looking forward to your results, so thanks for doing this.

In my experience to date I have not had any significant issues with LR and these files. I have seen some 'smearing' or 'watercolour', but it is very rare, and inconsistent in occurrence. When it does appear for me, it is in dense foliage, but even then it is not always present. I have to go to 100% or more to see anything significant. The most common result is very detailed, clean images, which hold up very well against FF cameras I use through work. I have been looking at other tests, and there clearly is a difference, but I am not yet sure it is significant enough to add more software. On prints up to 17x22 I have no complaints when compared to other cameras, or, more importantly, my desired results. On the other hand, I have not been shooting much landscape.

The real downside of Capture One for me is the cost. That $300 would be nice set against a trip, or some other gear. From time to time there are specials. But if Adobe does not step up (I am guessing they will), and there is enough difference I might go for it. I would use C1 for basic conversion and output to TIFF for LR. I like LR's editing tools and cataloguing.

If you need a specific type of shot, I would be happy to help.

Thanks, Stephen and tdp. I'll check them out soon. I don't have a specific type of file in mind - really want to look at a variety of files and see which ones show a difference between the converters and in which way(s). If anyone wants to send me the in-cam JPEG taken simultaneously with the RAW, that may be an interesting comparison as well. Thanks again!

Thanks, Stephen and tdp. I'll check them out soon. I don't have a specific type of file in mind - really want to look at a variety of files and see which ones show a difference between the converters and in which way(s). If anyone wants to send me the in-cam JPEG taken simultaneously with the RAW, that may be an interesting comparison as well. Thanks again!

jpegs sent. They are to STD settings, with no tweaks from me in-camera, or after.

Back