Everest Gigapan

If you zoom in all the way, follow the glacier upstream, just behind the mountain to your left, you'll see a long string of climbers like ants.

Bloody breathtaking this.

If you zoom in all the way, follow the glacier upstream, just behind the mountain to your left, you'll see a long string of climbers like ants.

Bloody breathtaking this.

You can also see tents just to the right of that line of climbers. There also appears to be a single climber on the saddle just to the left of Everest.

I wish I had this when I read Into The Silence. Would love to see climbing route lines overlay the gigapan.

My brother and I keep finding more and more in the image. There is a single climber and a pair on the North Col, there are a few people spread out through the Khumbi Icefall and basecamp is huge. I'm sure some of those are just adventure travel groups. Would love to see this from the Tibet side.

I have a co-worker with a Nikon DLSR and he owns a gigapan thingie and he has never used it. I keep trying to get him to go to one of the city vistas and give it a try but he won't. He is a camera gear.....um, collector? You ought to see his lighting setup.

Odd though he never really shoots.

I'm getting dizzy zooming in and out and panning - can someone tell me (maybe a screen shot with bright red arrows) where the climbers are? :D

UPDATE: Ah, now I see some sort of colorful basecamp near the bottom of the mountain, where the glacier sort of starts its upward angle.

UPDATE 2: I feel a serious migraine attack coming, but I finally saw three climbers. SUCCESS! And all I can say is WOW.

Also marked in red, and in blue are tents...

everest.png

Back