EOS M down to $299 at B&H.

I'm not sure the reviews of the new AF are exactly glowing though, lol.

Agreed. The only people glowing about the AF speed after the update are the people that lived with the speed before. It's still slower than pretty much any other mirrorless camera. It's moved from glacial to merely muddy. It's hard to explain how slow it felt before the update if you didn't experience it. I'm still wondering how Canon approved a camera for sale that was so slow. It made a DP1 seem like it was lightning.

Still at $300, it's worth considering. Especially if you have a bunch of EF lenses. While the Canon adapter is $200, 3rd party adapters that allow that EF glass to AF et al on the EOS M are pushing $50.

I'm not sure the reviews of the new AF are exactly glowing though, lol.

EOS-M New Firmware | The Photo Video Guy

Still, at that price point it is good quality for a very low price if you can deal with the ergonomics and focus speed.

Yeah, this is what goes through my head when I see this. Does the $299 price tag make the EOS-M auto-focus performance acceptable? I'm not sure. It seems like a great deal, but...

Though the dp cameras are slow.. They are acceptable.. Slower than this is like are they out of their mind even to release it?

Gary

The 18-55mm kit lens on the EOS M focuses faster with the firmware upgrade than my XE-1 and 18-55mm also updated, noticeably so. The 22mm feels equivalent to the 35mm f1.4.

The 18-55mm kit lens on the EOS M focuses faster with the firmware upgrade than my XE-1 and 18-55mm also updated, noticeably so. The 22mm feels equivalent to the 35mm f1.4.

I believe he means when they first released it when it was stupidly slow. It should never have been released then. It took them a year to crack this problem? Wow.

Back